'Library sync thread has exited' on 2.0.1

chriskeens

chriskeens

I updated to 2.0.1 earlier today. following the update everything was working and playing OK (I hadn't exited Kodi)

However following a reboot it deleted all my Emby add-on settings. I re-entered my settings and it started an initial sync. It is now failing every time with the 'Library sync thread has exited' error message.

Maximum request items is now set at 100 (it was working fine at 200 before the update) and the auto add images to kodi cache is disabled.

Server log attached

Log.txt

puithove

I don't think Kodi writes addon config to disk until it exits.  If you configured the settings before "rebooting" and Kodi got terminated before it got a chance to commit to disk, you probably lost the config changes for that session.  If I'm making changes to settings, I like to go ahead and tell Kodi to exit normally and jump back in just so I know changes were written to disk.

Not sure if that's anything that the addon has control over, or if it's just handing off to Kodi to manage on its own terms.

Angelblue05

We need a Kodi log for sure, to see the issue. The add-on wouldn't wipe your emby info unless you tell it to during the reset local database process. It does happen that Kodi will wipe add-on settings (I've seen it happen personally, but not in a long time and not sure why...)

Edited by Angelblue05

chriskeens

I suspect that it was probably a kodi issue rather than an emby one as the settings for another add-on also reset at the same time.

I still don't get why it was failing to sync with the maximum items set at 200 (or even 100) as there had been no problems with this before.

It has however synced fine this morning with items set at 50, so all is good now.

Thanks for your help

Angelblue05

This truly depends on your server and connection between the server and device. We gather items in set of whatever number you set. All that's expected from your server is to respond within 30 seconds. If your server is busy doing something like running scan or transcoding, the response might be delayed, etc. If the server fails to return a response within 30 secs, it causes your connection to timeout, hence the error you get during the sync. There is also the artwork cache running at the same time as the initial sync which can also affect your server's performance.

It's quite possible at a later time, you could sync with 200 items at once.

Eventually, we'll make the process seamless. 

Edited by Angelblue05
  • Like 1