Emby for Kodi addon- Library sync thread has exited

Bernie V

Bernie V

I don't understand how you are using version 1.1.70? Make sure you install from zip the version I've attached in the post.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Within Kodi in the add-on config I see version 2.0.4 and in the log I see also 2.0.4. I installed from the zip in the post.

NOTICE: EMBY Service -> KODI Version: 15.2

17:25:19  93.535500 T:1754911776  NOTICE: EMBY Service -> EMBY Version: 2.0.4

Did I have to uninstall the other version (this was already beta 2.0.4)?

• Like 1

Angelblue05

Hm, maybe it's the log. I downloaded from the forums via my phone. Let me check.

Edit: Yeah, that's weird... I don't know what log it was getting via tapatalk, but it wasn't yours. Hmmm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Angelblue05

Angelblue05

Here are my logs for the library sync thread has exited. This is on 2.0.4

http://xbmclogs.com/pts05oqyv

@ @@jurmb84

Check the default value in the log. It's returning 00.00.00Z  instead of 00:00:00Z. Do I need to adjust for it add-on side, or is it something that can be changed in the plugin? Unless it's not the reason for the crash?

Response: {u'RetentionDateTime': u'1900-01-01T00.00.00Z', u'ServerDateTime': u'2016-02-08T08.56.49Z'}
ValueError: time data '1900-01-01T00.00.00Z' does not match format '%Y-%m-%dT%H:%M:%SZ'
Edited by Angelblue05

Angelblue05

Hmm... well I could add a quick patch replace "." to ":"? Otherwise, I'm not sure what he could try... uninstalling the plugin and reinstalling?

From my server, it is correctly formatted. @ Can you tell us what platform you are running your server on?

ProphetSe7en

Server is running on Windows 10. Emby Version 3.0.5867.0

This issue started a couple of weeks ago. Never had this issue before on my same setup. Only difference is that I updated Emby on my server a couple of weeks ago. I cant remember if this problem was there before I updated.

Should I try to uninstall the plugin?

Edited by svortevik

Angelblue05

Give it a try, just to make sure. Let me know, otherwise, I'll make a build for you to test, that will include a patch add-on side. Thanks.

ProphetSe7en

I uninstalled the addon, restartet my computer and installed it again. The first thing that happen when installation was complete was the same error message.

http://xbmclogs.com/p8pfd11ev

Usually when I uninstall the addon I have to add the server again. This time the settings were already there, so not sure if it was completely removed?

Edited by svortevik

Angelblue05

@

No, I wasn't talking about the emby for kodi add-on. I was referring to uninstalling and reinstalling the Emby Kodi Sync Queue server plugin. :P

Edited by Angelblue05

Angelblue05

probably dont do that, it is probably a localization issue that we need to fix in the plugin

Ok, I'll leave it up to you. Let me know if I need to patch it add-on side.

@

You can disable the Fast sync start up option in the emby for kodi add-on settings > sync option and restart Kodi. It should stop giving you an error until this is fixed in the server plugin. Note that to keep your library in sync, a manual sync will run instead.

Edited by Angelblue05

Bernie V

@@Bernie V

Sorry, my bad, there was a typo in the code. That's what happens when you code at really late hours.... :( Here you go:

No prob. ;)  I will try this tonight.

ProphetSe7en

@

Can you enter the following url in a browser and post the results please:

http://localhost:8096/Emby.Kodi.SyncQueue/GetServerDateTime?format=json

You will need to replace the localhost with the machine name of your emby server.

This is what I see

{"ServerDateTime":"2016-02-09T03:25:05Z","RetentionDateTime":"2016-01-10T00:00:00Z"}

{"ServerDateTime":"2016-02-09T07.52.15Z","RetentionDateTime":"1900-01-01T00.00.00Z"}

ProphetSe7en

Maybe this has something to do with why I get the error message? I honestly dont have a clue, but found this when searching for something else.

http://www.heikniemi.net/hardcoded/2015/08/windows-10-breaks-net-date-parsing-in-certain-locales/

Edit:

I belive that the link above is regarding this problem, so I tried to figure it out as a temporary fix.

I followed the instruction on this site:

https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/shawnste/2015/08/27/locale-builder-and-finnish-or-other-locales/

I changed the time format to use : as sepperator insted of . and saved a custom locale based on the Norwegian one. Added this using InstallLocales.cmd

Restarted my computer and change long time and short time pattern to the newly created one that uses : sepperator.

When running :

http://localhost:8096/Emby.Kodi.SyncQueue/GetServerDateTime?format=json

This is now the result:

{"ServerDateTime":"2016-02-09T10:13:28Z","RetentionDateTime":"1900-01-01T00:00:00Z"}

I have restarted Kodi several times now without running into the error I had. Not sure if this has solved it. Anything I should do to test it properly?

Edited by svortevik
  • Like 1

jurmb84

It is a c# thing in the SyncQueue Plugin Code... I am working on getting it resolved right now and making it Culture Invariant... I will put out a new beta at some point today... Thank you all for the research done on this...

• Like 1

Angelblue05

Hi, I was having the same problem last week, so this morning I decided to investigate the matter (I didn't know you released 2.0.4 earlier). I found this on the log:

File "C:\Users\Living\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.emby\resources\lib\musicutils.py", line 217, in getSongTags
        logMsg("Exception in getSongTags %s" %e,0)
    UnicodeEncodeError: 'ascii' codec can't encode character u'\xfa' in position 19: ordinal not in range(128)

I temporarily fixed the issue by opening musicutils.py and returning nothing on the getSongTags() method, by inserting this on line 175:

return (rating, comment, hasEmbeddedCover)

Then I tried to resync the library, this time with success. Hope it helps to debug the issue.

@@marcelveldt

Do you want to have a look?

@@danitabaires Is it possible for you to provide the full Kodi log, rather than just the snippet?

Angelblue05

So it was an old issue? Otherwise, I don't see the fix in github.

That's why I was asking for a full log. Because there was missing info.

Edited by Angelblue05

jurmb84

As far as the date issue in the SyncQueue Plugin, it is fixed and posted in dev for testing... I will shoot for a roll out tonight after the other devs get a look at it... I apologize for the delay... Had an emergency server migration at work that kept me there an extra 12 hrs... 

Cheers...  :D  :D

• Like 1

danitabaires

@@Angelblue05 I'm really sorry, I don't have the full log anymore. I'm still using my "patched" version so the Exception didn't raise again. Would you want me to revert all changes, reset the DB and retry?