Emby for Kodi addon- Library sync thread has exited

Bernie V

Bernie V

I use Emby almost a month now. Very satisfied! Thx!

From then I'm trying to sync my movies & music to Kodi with the addon but for almost a month now I got an error after some time "Library sync thread has exited Please restart Kodi" on the inital sync. I can't pass the initial sync.

I see my movies in Kodi but on "gathering songs" the addon gives an error.

I have 155 movies and 950 albums (+- 20.000 songs) in my Emby library.

The addon version is beta 2.0.1 and my Emby server version is 3.0.5818.0 (stable)

Emby and the Kodi addon are running on the same Raspberry Pi with OSMC as OS.

What can I do to solve this? In attach my Kodi log.

Regards,

Bernd

kodi.log

Angelblue05

You had an import trakt playstate task running at the time which could have messed with the sync (the server didn't respond to the add-on request within the 30 seconds). You could try again as is by just restarting Kodi and seeing if it completes, or reduce the number by 50 in the add-on settings > sync options > maximum items requested at once, then restart Kodi and see if it completes. However, I just think at the time the server was busy doing something else.

Edited by Angelblue05

Bernie V

The maximum items requested at once was 50, now I did another try with the amount of 20. Still no luck. On gathering songs --> the exited error was back :-(

What else can I try?

kodi.log

Angelblue05

Hey there, I don't believe your issue is related to the number of items requested after all with your latest log. I am looking into this, it's a weird one for sure. 

Bernie V

Hey there, I don't believe your issue is related to the number of items requested after all with your latest log. I am looking into this, it's a weird one for sure. 

Thx Angelblue05 for looking at it!

Angelblue05

Do you happen to have your server log from that same time? It would be very useful. Let me know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Angelblue05

Yes, you should spootdev. Is this a recent thing? Because nothing really changed in the syncing code for a while now except for the song rating addition hmm

Angelblue05

Yeah you have a weird issue. I haven't checked your new logs yet, but in your old log, it gathered 6000+ songs and then timed out. So hopefully your server log will tell us why.

Angelblue05

@@Luke

Can you check the server log here: http://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/30859-emby-for-kodi-addon-library-sync-thread-has-exited/?p=297327

Some weird errors, but what's even stranger is that pulling 20 items at a time using the index/limit is causing such a slow response, even causing the server to maybe become unresponsive, at least according to the Kodi log? Is there anything we can do about this?

Edited by Angelblue05

spootdev

Yes, you should spootdev. Is this a recent thing? 

Slavedriver!   :lol:   I'll try to remember this weekend.  It's not recent.....seems to be when I hit the music section.  Not 100% sure on that as my movies and tv shows show up so I didn't care too much.

Bernie V

Yeah you have a weird issue. I haven't checked your new logs yet, but in your old log, it gathered 6000+ songs and then timed out. So hopefully your server log will tell us why.

An update: I tried some manual syncs an reboots of Kodi. I suppose the add-on thinks that the inital sync was ok, but there are only some albums added to Kodi (+- 250 of the 950). Almost no artists, at this moment +- 10. Very weird... A full sync (content update sync in settings)  doesn't do the trick to sync everything...

im85288

I fixed an issue that was causing this error for me in v.2.0.4

Hopefully it resolves it for others here too.

Angelblue05

@@Bernie V

Can you give this build a try, it contains a throttle for the requests and additional logging to try and fix your issue... I'm hoping it will fix your issue. If it doesn't, do you mind grabbing the kodi log and posting it so I can have more info and we'll go from there? Just run a reset local database and let the initial sync run.

Thanks

Edited by Angelblue05

Bernie V

@@Bernie V

Can you give this build a try, it contains a throttle for the requests and additional logging to try and fix your issue... I'm hoping it will fix your issue. If it doesn't, do you mind grabbing the kodi log and posting it so I can have more info and we'll go from there? Just run a reset local database and let the initial sync run.

Thanks

Last night I saw the add-on was updated to version 2.0.4. Then  I tried again a manual sync but the exited error was back. I'm at work now but tonight I try a local database reset and let you know.

Thx!

• Like 1

danitabaires

Hi, I was having the same problem last week, so this morning I decided to investigate the matter (I didn't know you released 2.0.4 earlier). I found this on the log:

File "C:\Users\Living\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.emby\resources\lib\musicutils.py", line 217, in getSongTags
        logMsg("Exception in getSongTags %s" %e,0)
    UnicodeEncodeError: 'ascii' codec can't encode character u'\xfa' in position 19: ordinal not in range(128)

I temporarily fixed the issue by opening musicutils.py and returning nothing on the getSongTags() method, by inserting this on line 175:

return (rating, comment, hasEmbeddedCover)

Then I tried to resync the library, this time with success. Hope it helps to debug the issue.

Angelblue05

I don't understand how you are using version 1.1.70? Make sure you install from zip the version I've attached in the post.