French language not used even if selected in Metadata

jscoys
Go to solution Solved by jscoys,

jscoys

Ok tried with the miller's crossing (1990) by asking for a library scan (Actually Automatic) : https://www.themoviedb.org/movie/379-miller-s-crossing?language=fr

In the log I have this :

2016-02-23 15:48:45.4113 Info HttpClient: HttpClientManager GET: http://www.omdbapi.com/?i=tt0100150&tomatoes=true

So it's really good, if I look after all is in French, very happy.

Now I go on the movie page, asking for a refresh, in the log no reference to themoviedb API at all, only this :
2016-02-23 15:55:07.7684 Info HttpClient: HttpClientManager GET: http://www.omdbapi.com/?i=tt0100150&tomatoes=true

So please check, I couldn't investigate more... It seems to don't check themoviedb API in case of a refresh command, only in the case of a library scan command.
Edited by jscoys

jscoys

I have the same behaviour but after using the database for a certain time if I ask for a refresh it download English info. Could you go directly in the code?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jscoys

Ok Luke with a video you will better understand what I'm living :

https://youtu.be/B9iL38D5vAA

I never see the server code, but I think that :

- Firstly Emby scan, and in the scan all is greatly coded : metadata fetchers are well parsed according to the option in admin menu

- If I add a new item and make a refresh just a few minutes after, my title remain in French. I think that you have a mecanism that stop emby from refreshing items before a defined delay (Like 1, 2 or more days after date added I guess...).

- If I refresh an item after this defined delay, only omdb is took in account (Have a look to my previous post with log information

- So at this point my only option to be sure that all my title are in French in to delete library.db

After that, in the current situation, my only option is to not click on the refresh button for the evident fact that it is bugged.

Hope with this you will have enough information to debug this @@Luke. Thx.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Solution
jscoys

Ok guys! I solved my problem.

To be honest, I don't understand what happened. But... I saw in my Metadata NFO Files that I had : <Language>English</Language>. So what I can conclude is that Emby reuse the language it finds in NFO Files...

So to be clean, I decided to developp a little script that open all my NFO Files, get IMDBID, TMDBID and rottentomatoid and recreate it with only these information. After that I deleted Emby Server Cache directory and the Library.db, restarting the Emby Service, ask for a Library scan and after one day and a half, all is just perfect!

My titles are in French, my posters are in French, all the way I always ever wanted it to be!

Thanks a lot for your support!

anderbytes

I already said this in some other topic here...

Emby relies TOO MUCH in NFO files alone. When it finds one... it usually ignores other info.

I understand that for reliability and integrity, the NFO file is the most trusted place to keep info that won't be tampered from external sources....

But, that said, not even a manual refresh (even the full refresh) can modify it.

My suggestion: when a full refresh is being done, a popup question (flag or Y/N) to user asking if NFO should be rebuilt... and by that I mean: deleted before refresh.

• Like 1

jscoys

I already said this in some other topic here...

Emby relies TOO MUCH in NFO files alone. When it finds one... it usually ignores other info.

I understand that for reliability and integrity, the NFO file is the most trusted place to keep info that won't be tampered from external sources....

But, that said, not even a manual refresh (even the full refresh) can modify it.

My suggestion: when a full refresh is being done, a popup question (flag or Y/N) to user asking if NFO should be rebuilt... and by that I mean: deleted before refresh.

What you say is totally true! In fact in the first scan the library.db is created and after that, if you change something in the NFO, the library.db will change it to what it was just before. It was my problem here, until I deleted the library.db...

Maybe an option "ultra refresh" like full/ultra HD ;-) with a message like "You chose Ultra Refresh, with this option all data will be redowloaded from Internet and your local data replaced, so the scan could be long. Click Yes to continue..."?

anderbytes

What you say is totally true! In fact in the first scan the library.db is created and after that, if you change something in the NFO, the library.db will change it to what it was just before. It was my problem here, until I deleted the library.db...

Maybe an option "ultra refresh" like full/ultra HD ;-) with a message like "You chose Ultra Refresh, with this option all data will be redowloaded from Internet and your local data replaced, so the scan could be long. Click Yes to continue..."?

The problem is that not all users will user this with responsability.

If not controlled, those refreshes may flood the free db providers that Emby use, and one day they could end if their ISP bill comes too high, and we end with no providers to use.

jscoys

Yeah I know. Maybe bigger and more complex algorithm to make syncs between nfo files and library.db...