French language not used even if selected in Metadata

jscoys
Go to solution Solved by jscoys,

jscoys

Hi,

There is a very anoying problem in Emby. If I select French language and France as my country (or Canada, doesn't matter), it always take English title and description. As you can see on pictures, my options are Weil selected I think.

What is very weird is that for series all is downloded well (In French). I'm sure there is French infos in themoviedb, so what's the problem?

4cb48cdfadfb769aa65eeeeaf6e14cc5.jpg

0df3888d41863b9a084e5de697cd3be0.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tested, no problem found. This is with all default metadata settings aside from the languages. Looks like you may have customized fetcher order.

56b245e06a493_Untitled.png

anderbytes

The metadata download in foreign is working "standard OK", but there's one problem.... we never know how is metadata categorized in the source sites.

I guess I have a solution.

Instead of choosing ONLY ONE preferred metadata language... we should be choosing a "priority order" , instead.

In my case (I'm from Brazil), sometimes my metadata appears categorized as "Portuguese", sometimes as "Portuguese (Brazil)".

And the worst: sometimes he doesn't find my language and in place of downloading ENGLISH, it downloads another crazy language, such as german or japanese.

So... if implemented. I could give an order such as:

1. Portuguese (Brazil)

2. Portuguese

3. English

4. Spanish

5. Japanese

6. etc...

What about this idea? Too difficult to implement?

jscoys

Ok thx Luke. I'm really desespered. Do you think it's because I have all my Windows 10 configured in English? I will try to run a complete refresh and analyse the logs.1f235633fe4d20b6e0d596da15a711cc.jpg

anderbytes

Ok thx Luke. I'm really desespered. Do you think it's because I have all my Windows 10 configured in English? I will try to run a complete refresh and analyse the logs.

jscoys, have you queried manually the source site (ex: themoviedb) to find if they have the French metadata?

In my case... some doesn't show up correctly because they really don't have the data.

jscoys

Yeah there are French descriptions for title I tested. Luke : how i force Emby to make a full scan? I just deleted all Nfo files but when i click on "refresh" in Metadata manager of my movies it doesn't recreate Nfo...

you can refresh individual titles, or do a top level refresh from the metadata manager on a parent folder

anderbytes

you can refresh individual titles, or do a top level refresh from the metadata manager on a parent folder

Luke, any chance of implementing a priority order? We that are from outside US suffer from foreign metadata not being always available, and when that happens, some other languages fill better than english.

jscoys

Ok Luke I figured out. Don't know why but I had to delete the library.db file in server directory to rebuild all Metadata. Complete refhreshes didn't work...

I have all Metadata in French now. I will verify if all Nfo are correct but seems to be great. Thx a lot!

jscoys

Yeah I know but don't know why my refresh process was broken. Anyway I love Emby!

jscoys

Ok an other question : is it normal that I have this for a Japanese title? (Themoviedb : 252738)

cd2c2433ea1edb1581e4dac00e9326bc.jpg

I would prefer English title "Oshin"

• 2 weeks later...
jscoys

@@Luke : could you try to perform a full refresh? For me when I ask a full refresh of meta data it seems to take only English language and not the one selected.

anderbytes

that's what i did when i tested this.

I'll take advantange of this topic to question one thing: What do you keep inside library.db ?

I have the feeling that library.db files gets endlessly fat, without getting wiped even after refreshes, clean databases, or even libraries removal.

After testing libraries behavior, I deleted and recreated my libraries several times, and I think the library.db used to be much smaller.

jscoys

Ok @Luke I think I have some new info here.

I spotted some movies in my collection with English language. The weird thing is that when I went on themoviedb.org French Language was there... I tried different options, with TheMovieDb in first place of metadata downloaders, The Open Movie Database in first, the first one check/uncheck and the second one... same thing... Nothing bring me back my French Language.

By analysing the logs I found something interesting. If I take an example : a man called Gannon (Old movie indeed... (1968)). If I refresh and go after that into the logs, I see only this concerning MetaData downloaders :

http://www.omdbapi.com/?i=tt0064629&tomatoes=true

What I'm saying is that there are never any verifications on themoviedb.org when I ask for a refresh, even if I uncheck OMDB and select only themoviedb.org. Could you have a look @Luke? It'll be very appreciated.

Edited by jscoys

jscoys

Yeah it has. Seems after a certain Time it switch back to English metadata. Now if I refresh title who has already French info it delete it and take English...

jscoys

The only way I found at this point is to delete the library.db and in settings ask for a library scan