Setup basics

mc2000

Well, first you need both media portal and emby up and running. From there it's just a matter of installing the media portal plugin. Only problem is that I'm pretty sure it's out of date by now. It may or may not still be functional.

I have mediaportal2 installed and live TV works.  Latest Emby installed.  Is any other software required?  My results are that Emby does not see mediaportal backend.

Oh, I'm sorry, you meant the live tv plugin. You need to install the media portal live tv plugin in emby server, and then possibly configure it.

pünktchen

Well, first you need both media portal and emby up and running. From there it's just a matter of installing the media portal plugin. Only problem is that I'm pretty sure it's out of date by now. It may or may not still be functional.

Why do you think the plugin is out of date @@Luke ?

Is mediaportal2 supported by the plugin? Is MP extended required?

MediaPortal 2 isn't fully supported yet. MP2extended is still under heavy developement and it can take some more month to be ready for the masses.

So right now only MediaPortal 1 TVServer and MPExtended!

Edited by pünktchen

I use:

MediaPortal v1.11.0

MPExtended 0.6

Latest MP Emby Plugin

I use a custom version of MP1 that has a good EPG grabber built in and it still works very well. The odd issue but nothing serious.

pünktchen

I use:

MediaPortal v1.11.0

MPExtended 0.6

Latest MP Emby Plugin

I use a custom version of MP1 that has a good EPG grabber built in and it still works very well. The odd issue but nothing serious.

What odd issue?

What odd issue?

Only what I've mentioned before with the EPG. It sometimes gets the channels mixed up in Emby. The other issues are with MP and nothing to do with the plugin. 

I just noticed that a v1.13 of the custom MP1 has been released so I'll give that a go later.

@@jds828 and @@MadibaJ

If you both don't want to use WebMediaPortal but Emby only,

i highly recommend you to install this version of MPExtended: https://github.com/puenktchen/MediaPortalTVPlugin/releases/download/latest/MPExtended-Service-0.6.0.4-Emby.zip

Why not use the web side of MP? It's something I set up a few years ago and although I don't use it much, it still works ok. I know there's not been much development on it for a while.

pünktchen

With MPExtended 0.5.4 you cannot delete recordings. Also in my own version of MPExtended i've coded some nice to have features like cancelling and uncancelling of timers from a series schedule.