Installing transparent raid for first time

Airbender

Airbender

Hello

I made more videos abot tRaid and you will find them on youtube but this video that i am about to show you is about how to disable the pool in tRaid so enjoy !

Airbender

Hello here is video of tRaid in action video number 2 , this time on my real system with real data

enjoy :)

Airbender

Hello

Next set of the video will show you how to add Log files to tRaid

and

Enjoy :)

Airbender

Hi

Adding new drive DRU with active data to tRaid array " Expanding an array " using the offline mode by stoping the raid

Enjoy

Airbender

Hello

So the next video is next step of adding a hard drive after adding data data drive to tRaid

Enjoy !

Airbender

Hello

This is not completed yet but i made 3 Videos on: Dealing with a dropped disk in Transparent RAID

Once i get to point to re add the failed drive i will update with more videos

Thanks

sfnetwork

Hello

Here is screenshots of my setup of tRaid now :)  hope this help

7a4b64306760462.jpg 4660f0306760463.jpg 8ae16e306760466.jpg afead2306760468.jpg 3f7163306760470.jpg 048b8e306760471.jpg bccdec306760473.jpg

Are you using pooling?

Airbender

Are you using pooling?

Hello @@sfnetwork

No i am not using pooling at this moment however i used the pool in my test pc here is the vidoe of tRaid with pooling enabled

Thanks

Airbender

Hello Guys,

So here is the video of tRaid in actions transferring a large file from one drive to tRaid drive

Enjoy :)

sfnetwork

Hello @@sfnetwork

No i am not using pooling at this moment however i used the pool in my test pc here is the vidoe of tRaid with pooling enabled

Thanks

My point is that in your screens, you mention "no access denied or permission error", only pooling would cause that, no pooling is just Windows drives... Never seen an issue like this...

Pooling works from all I know, and without it, there is no access denied or other permission issues but the two combined, that's where it could be an issue...

I know I'm annoying with pooling but with CP, SAB, SB, etc... adding files, I won't monitor the drives and change all of them to switch to next drive when full...

Anyway, I'll let you test further and see... (I would test it but without pooling possible without parity is just dumb; I won't wait for a full parity build just to see if new pooling system is better because anyway, I don't want the tRAID price of writing performance so I'll just end up waiting for the port to RAID-F, if it ever happens).

I think it's shows that I'm starting to be frustrated lol... You have no idea how bad it is when trying to run batch changes in MetaBrowser with those access denied in background and xml/nfo/images files not being changed, etc...

My fear is that I'm waiting for this "famous" new pool system to be ported to RAID-F all this time and still have those issues...

Like you mentioned in another post, once you start using Pooling, even if using auto-folder-piority files get spanned on all drives so I'm stuck.... I can't really use MB3, etc... directly on drive instead of Pool...

Edited by sfnetwork

Airbender

I still have my second pc I can add all 250gb drive to them and test tRaid with pool and so on it will take me some time though if you can wait :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk