Installing transparent raid for first time

Airbender

Airbender

Hello guys

Just trying to share my experience with everyone about tRaid transparent raid from FlexRAID

This is my third time trying to open a post here and it keep failing and not sure what is causing the it.

First of all FlexRAID fourm does not have any doc on how to install and their wiki is down and fourm is dead so no one will help anyone.

I am not looking for any support or help here as i said i am just trying to share my experiences with everyone and anyone who wants to get into tRaid

Thanks

Airbender

Hi

So now i am able to open this post so here is little summary

tRaid requires 2 software host and client , and there wiki might have a howto for both but as they are down nothing much i can do here

but i found out that Host is zip file with no exe but client web ui has a  exe and it install just fine

after the install traid reques a user to put a user name and password which is Admin for both

After that the tRaid need a host to be setup before a user can do anything and that where i am stuck !

Airbender

Hi

sorry not trying to dos the fourm anyway i will try with traid tomorrow and update here so everyone can learn and mybe some other guys would try it too

Thanks

Airbender

Hello

Interesting that tRaid requires the PRU parity drive to be fully empty no data or volume in it also to start tRaid it need at lest 2 DRU data drive

Thanks

Airbender

Hi

so now i am starting to build the raid and it seems tRaid is faster then f Raid

Please see this screenshots

2z57qjl.jpg

Thanks

Airbender

Hello here is little update

I left my pc with tRaid today morning and it was at 23% now come back home and it is 1 am and it stuck at 23%

dom39u.png

i will look into it more

• 3 weeks later...
Airbender

Hello

here is the first video of mini series on HOWTO install and configure tRaid

Hope you guys like it :)

trusselo

so what are the advantages of this raid software over others?

Is there a reason that you were dead-set on using a raid setup, that has obviously fallen behind on supporting their software and website?

Airbender

Is there a reason that you were dead-set on using a raid setup, that has obviously fallen behind on supporting their software and website?

Hello Tusselo, 

Answer: FlexRAID Software solutions is one of it kind , the code is different then any i seen by far that even ebr one of the most genius programmer/devloper in MB3 uses it.  The solutions is divided into few software's 

1- Parity Protection : on a separate drive

2- Hard drives Pool

3- Parity + Pool ( Raid F)

4- transparent raid (tRaid)

5- Some other software + Legacy

By Far everyone like Raid F at this moment because

1- It make one large Pool of all Hard drives

2- Provide Parity

3- on Click network shares files with all permissions setup properly

4- ect

transparent raid (tRaid) is very new base on NZF , i did not look into NZF and what it stand for but in real time it will calcualte your parity and update your save drive

and same time sync all of your data and if one drive died then you can reubit it on fly and still have your other drives and data available

Answer: that what i thought 2 months ago and i was mad and angry but after i start using it and ask questions here and there and did research now i change my mind. The guys at  flexraid are good and very helpful but it takes them long time to respond , i guess MB3 Fourm and avs fourm kinds made us all feel like if we post a questions we will get answer in few seconds and we cant wait anymore. Yes they are behind in support and upgrading their site but they are small business and small orations so it is ok to wait on answers for some time. 

My mini series video will help everybody to install and configure tRaid and for Raid F there are so many HOWTO so setup and config is not an issue.

So far flexraid guys renewed my trial license for both Raid F and Raid t 3 times with no question ask , they are small and slow but nice :)

Is there a reason that you were dead-set on using a raid setup

It work for my needs Pool , Parity , Network share folders , just work for me , i have hard time to deiced on which one to buy or buy both and trust it does work

You will run into challanges but in world of computers who does not run into issues

So here is a video i made for Raid F in action so you can compare both F and T

Hope this help

Thanks

Edited by Airbender
  • Like 1

Airbender

Hello

So if anyone wants to access the transparent disks along with the storage pool they going to need to disable caching on the storage pool (by editing the RAID options).

Here is the video show howto:

Thanks

Airbender

Hello

Just an update , I am running tRaid on my system now with all my data , the Parity is building at 3 % so it might take few days before i can see it

let see how it goes