Resuming recorded TV

tre4b

I think I probably know the answer to this but I thought to ask anyway.

I am using EMBY live TV natively with SchedulesDirect providing the guide.  I just recently reset all of this up and now it is working sweetly recording TV and series without an issue.  I understand why live TV cannot be paused (Using FireTV) as the video is clearly being streamed to the box and only limited storage is available there.  I did wonder why I can't watch half a recorded program and resume at the point I left it later on.  This could presumably be done by the server resuming at the appropriate point, not unlike Netflix/AmazonVid (infact TV pausing could potentially be handled this way too though would be more complicated).

My Question then is will this form of resume be supported at some point?  I think it is there on stored media as there is a continue watching sidebar item (that disappears as my device starts up) but will this become a feature of recorded TV.

Nathanio

The only time I've found recorded tv not to remember is when emby hasn't probed the video. Otherwise I can stop on the downstairs FireTV box, go upstairs and finish from where we were on the FireTV Stick

Yeah, if you are seeing this issue it means the server hasn't analyzed the video yet to know how long it is.  Refresh it in the web client and see if the behavior changes.

Yep, tried it yesterday and it was resuming fine.  The "Continue watching" still disappears on the FireTV client though,  but that is not really all that important.    Many thanks for your help.