Music Sync Inquiry

vmcosco

vmcosco

So I have a question regarding Music sync.  I am just not sure how it works.  It is possible this is a skin or skin widgets issue.  Let me know.  If I need explore elsewhere.  I am running Emby on Win7 and Kodi 15.2 on Fire TV with Titan skin

Videos are working great.  I add a new show or movie  to my folder.  Emby picks it up.  Kodi updates.  New video shows in the recently added widget.  All good.

Music is throwing me off.  I add a new album to my folder.  Emby picks it up.  At some point the album shows in Kodi but only in the album list or in recent items when I open it from the music section.  Recently added widget never updates until I do a library update in Kodi.  That seems odd as I didn't think a library update would ever be neccesary in Kodi when I switched to Emby.

So, maybe the recently added widget is a widget issue, but could someone explain what I should expect in Kodi when I add a new album to my music folder and Emby picks it up.

Also, I just changed the date added for a bunch of albums and songs.  What will be the most effective way to get those changes pushed out to Kodi?

Loving the add on except for these few small things.

Angelblue05

The way the add-on works is when the server does something, the server tells the add-on what it did. I have just tested it adding a new album and it's picked up instantly. However you are correct, the widget does not reflect the new content. I'm looking to see if this can be corrected.

How did you change the date added? Are the changes reflected in the emby metadata manager? If so, then it should be already be changed in Kodi.

vmcosco

How did you change the date added? Are the changes reflected in the emby metadata manager? If so, then it should be already be changed in Kodi.

I changed the date added in the Emby server metadata manager

Angelblue05

Don't run the update library for music (it doesn't run the same way as for video library). It will mess with the database and delete entries. You will need to reset the database now to fix your music. I am looking for the widget refresh. I will let you know.

Edited by Angelblue05

vmcosco

Don't run the update library for music (it doesn't run the same way as for video library). It will mess with the database and delete entries. You will need to reset the database now to fix your music. I am looking for the widget refresh. I will let you know.

No problem to reset the database. I do have a question though... I have run out of space. Kodi is now taking up 4.2gb on my FireTv. Every time I do a database reset Kodi data increases by 1gb. How can clear space and prevent the Emby add on from storing so much data?

Angelblue05

You can disable artwork cache in the add-on settings. However, to help without disabling the setting, you can delete the thumbnails folder (we don't delete cached artwork when you reset, so it's possible there's old cached artwork building up). Then reset your library to fix your music. We just delete cached artwork when the item is actually removed from your emby server.

vmcosco

You can disable artwork cache in the add-on settings. However, to help without disabling the setting, you can delete the thumbnails folder (we don't delete cached artwork when you reset, so it's possible there's old cached artwork building up). Then reset your library to fix your music. We just delete cached artwork when the item is actually removed from your emby server.

Where can I find the artwork cache?  I always struggle a bit finding these files/folders on the FireTV.  Thanks.  Sorry for hijacking my own thread

Angelblue05

I'm not sure if you are referring to the cache setting or the actual thumbnails folder. :)

Artwork cache setting:

In Kodi > settings > add-ons > my add-ons > video add-ons > emby. Open the configurations, under the sync tab, disable the option to cache artwork.

There's no automatic way of doing this.

Thumbnails folder is found in the userdata folder. Delete it, Kodi will recreate it and start the cache fresh.

You can also redirect your thumbnails to another location, this way it doesn't take place directly on your firetv storage. 

http://kodi.wiki/view/HOW-TO:Reduce_XBMC_disk_space_usage

marcelveldt

@@marcelveldt

Do you know of a way to force reload music widgets?

skinhelper should detect changes to the music database itself and refresh the widgets.

There was however some small bug in the code a few months back resulting the widgets path for music widgets missing the window prop needed to refresh.

In this case I suggest the user to re-add the music widgets to his shortcuts to see if that helps.

• Like 1

vmcosco

In this case I suggest the user to re-add the music widgets to his shortcuts to see if that helps.

So just go into customize shortcuts, remove all of the music widgets, exit out, go back in and add the recently added widget back in?  This is a fresh install on Friday so I should have the most recent skin helper version already though.

vmcosco

skinhelper should detect changes to the music database itself and refresh the widgets.

There was however some small bug in the code a few months back resulting the widgets path for music widgets missing the window prop needed to refresh.

I removed all widgets from my music home menus entry.  Quit and restarted Kodi.  Added widgets for recently added albums and random albums.  No change in behavior.  If I enter into Music and Recently Added from submenu, the recently added albums show as suspected (I modified the date added for a handful of songs/albums to yesterday and they show in that order).  The recent items widget on the homescreen does not reflect those changes.  Additionally, the random albums widget has not changed in an hour despite my random setting being 10 mins.  Not sure if that is a similar bug or not.

Edited by vmcosco

vmcosco

I removed all widgets from my music home menus entry.  Quit and restarted Kodi.  Added widgets for recently added albums and random albums.  No change in behavior.  If I enter into Music and Recently Added from submenu, the recently added albums show as suspected (I modified the date added for a handful of songs/albums to yesterday and they show in that order).  The recent items widget on the homescreen does not reflect those changes.  Additionally, the random albums widget has not changed in an hour despite my random setting being 10 mins.  Not sure if that is a similar bug or not.

I did another restart after resetting the widgets. This seems to have fixed the issue. The recently added widget picked of the correct albums.

• Like 1

marcelveldt

I did another restart after resetting the widgets. This seems to have fixed the issue. The recently added widget picked of the correct albums.

OK, please keep an eye on it and let me know if the issue returns.