No direct play after upgrade

roberth58

roberth58

Running Kodi 16RC, Titan 3.6.16 and Emby for Kodi 1.1.62, everything working great and atmos audio on my receiver. Upgraded to 1.1.80 and bluray folders will no longer direct play, so no more atmos audio. Running Emby server as a docker on unraid server with path substitutions. If I access movies that are mkv, ts or mp4, the server shows direct play, so paths appear to be correct. I switched back to 1.1.62 and did a full resync and direct play works again. Obviously I need to change something in my setup to get 1.1.80 working. 

Angelblue05

A kodi log when using 1.1.80 would be helpful... Check our how to report a problem pinned thread.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

xnappo

We moved passwords to passwords.xml.  Check what is in it - you may need to add entries for the IP as well as the server name.  Check the case of the name as well.

Edited by xnappo

roberth58

kodi.log

We moved passwords to passwords.xml.  Check what is in it - you may need to add entries for the IP as well as the server name.  Check the case of the name as well.

My media share in unraid is public, the users in emby server have no passwords assigned, also I have no passwords.xml file in the userdata folder. 

I switched to emby for kodi 1.1.81 and resynced the media. I then tried to play Pixels, a bluray folder. Kodi immediately displayed a banner at the top of the screen saying unable to direct play, it then asked me choose the audio and subtitle tracks, then asked my to choose them a second time, then started playing the movie. I stopped the movie and quit kodi. The log file is attached. 

Angelblue05

If you put this path in windows explorer, is it able to find your content? Are you using path substitution in Emby?

\\192.168.1.200\media\movies_bluray\Pixels

Let me know. If it's able to find the content, then it's a network credentials issue and you need to enter the window user to use to access the content from Kodi (via the add-on settings > playback options > network credentials). If it's not able to find the content, verify your path.

Edited by Angelblue05

roberth58

If you put this path in windows explorer, is it able to find your content? Are you using path substitution in Emby?

\\192.168.1.200\media\movies_bluray\Pixels

Let me know. If it's able to find the content, then it's a network credentials issue and you need to enter the window user to use to access the content from Kodi (via the add-on settings > playback options > network credentials). If it's not able to find the content, verify your path.

No problem finding the path and displaying the contents of the folder. Yes I am using path substitutions in emby server. Sorry I'm not sure exactly which username and password you want me to enter into network credentials. Do you mean the username I login onto my win7 system that runs kodi? The username I setup in the emby server, or the username I use to access my unraid box that is hosting the emby server. 

• Like 1

Angelblue05

Very simple. The windows user (username and password) that has access to your shares where your content is located. Right click on your shares > properties. Check the sharing tab to see which user has access. You'll want to enter the credentials of a user that's listed (It's the same password that you would use to log into that windows user's account).

Essentially, Kodi accesses your secure path using: smb://USERNAME:PASS@192.168.1.200/media/movies_bluray/Pixels

I hope this helps.

Edited by Angelblue05

roberth58

Very simple. The windows user (username and password) that has access to your shares where your content is located. Right click on your shares > properties. Check the sharing tab to see which user has access. You'll want to enter the credentials of a user that's listed (It's the same password that you would use to log into that windows user's account).

Essentially, Kodi accesses your secure path using: smb://USERNAME:PASS@192.168.1.200/media/movies_bluray/Pixels

I hope this helps.

I must be missing something here. My media is shared on a unraid server (linux) the share is public with no security, there is no username/password required to access it. Emby server runs in a docker on the unraid server and uses path substitution. Upto emby for kodi 1.1.62 everything worked perfectly with no usernames or passwords ever entered into kodi. Now when i run kodi on a win7 system with emby for kodi 1.1.81 I cannot direct play bluray folders, the other 20TB of movies plays just fine using direct play, I can mouse over an image on emby server active devices and it shows "Direct Playing".  Where do you want me to "Right click on your shares > properties" The only share setup on the win7 box is to the folder used by emby server auto organize. I am completely confused.

• Like 1

Angelblue05

Ah sorry. I missed the linux part (I thought you were using win7). Ok can you try this, go to the add-ons > install from zip. Navigate via smb to your bluray directory. Does Kodi ask for a password at any point? Let me know. If Kodi does not, I will check why it's giving an error trying to locate the file at the time of playback.

Edited by Angelblue05

roberth58

Ah sorry. I missed the linux part (I thought you were using win7). Ok can you try this, go to the add-ons > install from zip. Navigate via smb to your bluray directory. Does Kodi ask for a password at any point? Let me know. If Kodi does not, I will check why it's giving an error trying to locate the file at the time of playback.

OK

add-ons

install from zip

Windows network (SMB)

pick "TOWER"  - the name of my unraid server at 192.168.1.200

pick "media"

pick "BLURAY_MOVIES"

displays all bluray movies

pick "The Expendables 3"

displays BDMV, CERTIFICATE and extrafanart folders

pick "BDMV"

displays folders

never asks for username or password

• Like 1

Angelblue05

Perfect, that's all I needed to confirm. Just give me a few, I'm checking the playback verification for bluray. I will have a build for you to test soon.

roberth58

Bloody brilliant. Works, only difference from 1.1.62 is that it asks for the playback item, but not the audio stream. Not a problem since you can change it while the movie is playing if needed.  Would you mind sharing what the problem was. 

• Like 1

Angelblue05

Is it direct playing? Make sure play from http is disabled (it automatically enables after failing 3 times). A typo to the bluray section of the code caused the issue, it was failing to add /BDMV/index.bdmv to the path, hence why it failed on the file verification. :(

The fix will be in the next beta version, 1.1.82.

roberth58

Is it direct playing? Make sure play from http is disabled (it automatically enables after failing 3 times). A typo to the bluray section of the code caused the issue, it was failing to add /BDMV/index.bdmv to the path, hence why it failed on the file verification. :(

The fix will be in the next beta version, 1.1.82.

Yes, direct playing, http disabled. Atmos displaying on receiver. I guess not many people use bluray folders.

• Like 1