'Skip delete confirmation' as an independent setting?

GollyJer

GollyJer

I'm on Jarvis and it worked great while it lasted (as originally discussed in this thread). :)

I know where the take-way-too-many-steps-to-get-to to get to menu option is, but shouldn't the normal Kodi delete menus work like they always have?

A keymap entry point would be awesome.  Thanks!

Angelblue05

No, because running a clean database uses the same Kodi api as the context menu Kodi delete. If Kodi decides or user accidentally starts a clean database task, it has the potential of wiping all the physical files from your server. I don't think you would appreciate this. :)

Better be safe than sorry. I think with the keymap entrypoint, it should fill the gap.

GollyJer

OK, I don't fully understand the issue.  Couldn't Kodi or the user accidentally start a clean database task with or without the delete confirmation enabled?

Sorry if this is a dense question.  I don't really need to understand, just curious.

Angelblue05

It's ok to ask questions. :)

When Kodi clean database runs, it triggers the Kodi.OnRemove action, which we used to monitor with the add-on for deletion via the context menu. So if Kodi decides all your paths are invalid and removes all entries, the add-on would then either prompt the user to delete from the server all items removed via clean database, or simply delete all the content from your server without confirmation if the option to skip confirmation was enabled. 

You can understand the situation getting out of hand by a simple action that is out of the add-on's control. This is why we are only deleting from your server via our context menu, emby options > delete.

• Like 1

GollyJer

Yeah, I could see that being a disaster for someone at some point. Definitely better to be safe than sorry.

Thanks again.

Angelblue05

Yeah, I could see that being a disaster for someone at some point. Definitely better to be safe than sorry.

Thanks again.

It was a disaster for someone at one point. A User lost their entire library, hence why we changed our approach. To make sure it would never happen again. :unsure:

The keymap emby delete entrypoint will be added for the next stable version which I should be releasing later today, if things go well.

Edited by Angelblue05

Angelblue05

The keymap option will be available in the next beta build. Apologies, I am not ready to release to stable just yet.