Disable trailers in a profile?

TheShanMan

TheShanMan

Is there a way to disable the trailers plugin for a user profile? I tried deleting it from the metadata manager but the spinner just spins forever and doesn't remove it.

TheShanMan

I set it to PG, ran both the trailers scheduled tasks, and then browsed to the trailers section in the web client and I still saw trailers for stuff beyond PG.

TheShanMan

OK, so I'm basically out of luck then. I can't turn off trailers for a profile so if I don't want such trailers to show up in a kids profile then I have to remove the plugin altogether. Bummer. :( Thanks for answering.

you could probably fix them up in 15 mins work. just go through the trailers and make sure they have ratings

• 4 weeks later...
fraenhawk

I was searching to see if a topic like this existed too. I noticed that in Top Level Views under <View Options> there are checkboxes for Music Albums, Movie Genres, and Music Genres which I turned off for my kids profile. Is it possible to just turn off the entire view of a plugin from showing on a profile's top level menus just like this? Anything I can do in an xml somewhere?