Emby on QNAP Hybriddesk station

pushka7

Thanks Admin.

Yes, I'd already downloaded the server from the site you pointed to. I selected the Standard Version because I don't know the difference with the other two.

Server installed and works great, but it's the playing side of things that I'm struggling with. I control my QNAP via laptop - I can configure Emby server and even watch a movie, but of course it plays on my laptop.

My QNAP is connected direct to TV via HDMI so I would like Emby to go direct from QNAP to TV using HDMI. The only way (that I am aware of) for a QNAP to work through HDMI is using its app called HybridDesk Station. HD Station is like a repository for other apps to then also output direct through HDMI. I'm not sure how it's done but seems like third-party apps have to be specifically developed (or something) to be available for this HD Station repository.

You mention working with QNAP for AppStation but what I'm hoping for, I believe, is a player (like Emby has for Samsung, Android, etc) for QNAP's HybridDesk Station.

Hope this makes sense.

Have you seen this?

http://emby.media/community/index.php?/blog/1/entry-290-introducing-the-new-emby-theater-for-windows-and-the-web/

I had seen it a while ago but forgot about it. Thanks. Tried the Web version on on HybridDesk Station Chrome... not working, but rather than troubleshoot in this thread started another to see if anyone else has the same trouble.or just me.

Thanks again Admin.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

We have a new QNAP package available for testing:

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/51334-new-qnap-package-for-testing/

Unlike the current package in the QNAP community, this is built by the Emby Team and will be tested and supported by us. It is also built with the new .NET Core runtime from Microsoft, which has major performance improvements over the mono runtime used by the community package. 

Please try it out if interested in helping us test it. Thanks !

• 1 month later...
Tomek_etz1

Hi Guys

I can see this topic is a bit outdated, but I still found no info or any updates about Emby Client for QNAP Hybrid Desktop. I`m aware there are ways to use EMby with Chrome its however remote controller support is terrible and switching to the full screen is a disaster.

Is there any progress in creating Linux Client?  Plex does provide client and works fine, however I don`t like interface etc.. 

Thank you for great work.

Tomek_etz1

Ok i will describe briefly  - to use EMBY i need to start chrome and type the web address to then log in. Only way to switch to full screen is to use mouse  (double click top bar ) or press F11 on the keyboard so i would need connected one or the other.

Remote provided with QNAP is designed to use directional arrows and this is simply terrible same as trying to nawigate websites using keyboard arrows on the PC lol

Using air mouse would be simple but this would be another remote to the collection - TV Remote, QNAP remote, Air mouse, Home cinema remote etc......

I know QNAP with HDMI is new and just getting more popular especially with latest 4K support.

PLEX Home Theater  is provided by QNAP OOB with simple support for the remote to use up,down, left, right, OK and BACK and this is more than enough. Emby works great on IOS, Android, PC and MAC but this is simply because mouse or touch screen is used especially when client is installed. 

If using web interface was enough why was ISO and Android APP developed. I can image that this sounds like a complain but knowing how much hard work and feedback was used to build such a great platform - creating app for Linux shouldn`t be a problem where using 6 buttons would be possible.  

5a136a8ae0ae0_RMIR002500x500.jpg

Tomek_etz1

Morning 

Thank you for a quick reply

I did try the this web app, you`re right - I can easily navigate and works great, however i still have no way to start this one without using web Browser and keyboard to type the address but also need keyboard or mouse to switch to the full screen.

I`m Using EMBY on every other device i own and i love it hence the reason i`m trying to get last fine tune before paying and fully switching to EMBY from Plex. With no ability to use EMBY i can`t switch from PLEX.

If this web app is so well build maybe simple QPKG for Linux ( QNAP ) that will place a shortcut on the Hybrid Desktop so when clicked will start web interface( no address typing ) in full screen ?

QNAP doesn`t offer ability to create custom shortcuts and mouse and keyboard in the middle of my living room is just not an option. Hope this is clear enough what i`m trying to achieve here.

Thank you for all your support

• 1 month later...

Yes it's a good idea for the future, thanks.

Hi @@Luke Just found this topic, and I am really appreciate it if there is a EmbyTheater/WebApp shortcut thingy that wont require Mouse/Keyboard for playback on Hybrid Station.

Thanks.

• 4 weeks later...