Subtitles always show up?

KHTar

I just recently got a new Sony bravia smart TV with Android TV.  Of course immediately downloaded the Emby app and connected to my server.  Love the immediately accessibility of my full media library.  Only problem I am noticing is that every movie I start playing always defaults to playing subtitles also.  I can turn them off while the movie is playing but if I stop and restart or start another movie after the first one is done they are turned back on again.  Pausing, or exiting to emby menu and then resuming doesn't appear to create the same error.  Can't find a setting to change this.  Am I missing something?  I'm on server v3.0.5818.0 and apparently the most updated version of the emby app on android TV as of the posting of this post.  I never had this problem using the same server source and streaming source when streaming to a Roku 3.

Any help would be appreciated.

Hi, open the server's web interface, click the user icon in the top right, settings -> playback. Then configure your audio and subtitle preferences. It's on our to do list to get these settings in the tv app as well.

• 1 month later...