Next Episode Autoplay Option

saajan4u

saajan4u

would it be possible to add a similar feature to amazon prime and netflix where it does a countdown to the next episode in emby where it detects i already have the next episode and it just add it. i know i could build a play list in the web ui but i think this will be a nice touch.. this will help me bindge watch tv shows all day.. and that 30seconds count down will probably give enough time to run to the loo !

• 1 year later...
ice pube

would it be possible to add a similar feature to amazon prime and netflix where it does a countdown to the next episode in emby where it detects i already have the next episode and it just add it. i know i could build a play list in the web ui but i think this will be a nice touch.. this will help me bindge watch tv shows all day.. and that 30seconds count down will probably give enough time to run to the loo !

Can this be added to the Apple TV app?

CBers

In which app?

The ATV/Fire TV app already has this and I believe Kodi as well.

5546428f107f7_fireupnext.png

Which app is that in, as it doesn't look like that on my Shield?

Is it the Fire TV version of the app?

just a comment on this, Whilst this is great for binge watching or catching up on a series, it would be nice if the 30secs started at the end of the video rather than with 30secs left to play. In respect of @@saajan4u request, this would fix it for videos that do not have credits. Maybe an option...

• Like 1

but then you're just putting an artificial delay between episodes.

Yep, I understand that. That's why I suggested it be an option - for those that want it that way. Personally, I like it the way it is, and just use pause if I need to do something in-between episodes. Just a thought - and it got likes ;)

arrbee99

For my usual comment without thinking - maybe it (well, the background) could be made significantly more transparent ? That would I suppose make the text more difficult to read, but do you really want to read whats happening in the next episode anyway.

Which app is that in, as it doesn't look like that on my Shield?

Is it the Fire TV version of the app?

Yes, that is the Fire TV.  The only real difference should be the button styling though (FTV is only Android 5.1).

• Like 1

CBers

Yes, that is the Fire TV. The only real difference should be the button styling though (FTV is only Android 5.1).

Could that be added to the non-Fire TV version?

I get the full screen width display.

Could that be added to the non-Fire TV version?

I get the full screen width display.

I'm afraid I don't know what you're talking about - the two layouts are identical.  The only difference is the android-specific styling that occurs on some elements (which actually may be overridden since that screen capture was taken).

CBers

Oh, is that an old image then?

I'll check my Fire TV and see if it's the same as the Shield or not and report back is need be.

• 3 weeks later...
Outerealm

In which app?

The ATV/Fire TV app already has this and I believe Kodi as well.

5546428f107f7_fireupnext.png

Am I missing something?   Been looking for an autoplay option for Kodi for a LOOOOOONG time since I downloaded and installed what I believe is the official version for Kodi - EmbyCon.   Hey if I'm wrong someone please tell me. 

It used to be very nice to have Emby just play the next video but I can't even make a playlist either now unless I go back to the "other" one and it's constant synching. This version you have to constantly stop what you're doing to tell Emby to play the next video.  I have a hard time believing nobody seems to mind that when they have 100's of shows to watch...  Seems like a no brainer here. 

Comments???