No Media info from Blu-Ray folders (BDMV).

holmberg
Go to solution Solved by holmberg,

In the interests of transparency I do not see a lot happening here. It's a lot of work in areas we don't have a whole lot of knowledge about, and it will only target a very small number of users. We do not have unlimited developer resources. We have to focus our efforts on the features that are used by larger numbers of people.

• 1 year later...
muller_md

In the interests of transparency I do not see a lot happening here. It's a lot of work in areas we don't have a whole lot of knowledge about, and it will only target a very small number of users. We do not have unlimited developer resources. We have to focus our efforts on the features that are used by larger numbers of people.

Any chance in open-sourcing the BDInfo plugin, so the community could help with the necessary updates?

Any chance in open-sourcing the BDInfo plugin, so the community could help with the necessary updates?

@@muller_md, what would you be looking to enhance? Because at this point, I don't think there's much the plugin can do without getting help from the core first.

muller_md

It's the UHD BDMV folder structure support, which is missing. I was able to update the old code + fresh bdinfo with Atmos/UHD support and get emby-server to play them.

It's the UHD BDMV folder structure support, which is missing. I was able to update the old code + fresh bdinfo with Atmos/UHD support and get emby-server to play them.

I'm afraid that will be a rather large task and not really related to the plug-in so much.

The problem is the entire world is moving away from these disc formats so almost nothing current is supporting them in the streaming realm.

My advice to you would be to convert them.

Actually yes that plugin could be updated. Do you know exactly which files from BDInfo have changed? When I tried to just dump the whole thing on top before, there were a lot of changes, so many that i couldn't find what was actually related to UHD.

muller_md

I'm afraid that will be a rather large task and not really related to the plug-in so much.

The problem is the entire world is moving away from these disc formats so almost nothing current is supporting them in the streaming realm.

My advice to you would be to convert them.

Sure, that "works", and that's what i'm doing, in hope that current mainstream containers won't be forgotten.

Actually yes that plugin could be updated. Do you know exactly which files from BDInfo have changed? When I tried to just dump the whole thing on top before, there were a lot of changes, so many that i couldn't find what was actually related to UHD.

It's the HDMV300/MPLS300, HEVC, Atmos, DTS:X, 4K/UHD/2160p resolutions, so a lot. But I guess the basic support for the container + playlist should be enough.

This is how the identification looks after "fixing" the plugin. Also playing it works (server remuxes it) on at least 2 devices (fire stick 4k / lg c8).

5d93b98f2a772_uhdbd.jpg

Edited by muller_md
  • Like 3

Ok so you don't know what source files have been updated? That kind of makes it a big job because along the way we have made changes, so if we just dump everything on top then we lose all of that.

SikSlayer

I figured this was going to be as deep a rabbit hole as it's sounding like it is.

That's why I didn't bother asking when I saw my test UHD BD didn't get any media info.

It's the HDMV300/MPLS300, HEVC, Atmos, DTS:X, 4K/UHD/2160p resolutions, so a lot. But I guess the basic support for the container + playlist should be enough.

This is how the identification looks after "fixing" the plugin. Also playing it works (server remuxes it) on at least 2 devices (fire stick 4k / lg c8).

This is all I truly want, hopefully it can be worked out. Wish it wasn't such a pain.

• 2 weeks later...
muller_md

I figured this was going to be as deep a rabbit hole as it's sounding like it is.

That's why I didn't bother asking when I saw my test UHD BD didn't get any media info.

This is all I truly want, hopefully it can be worked out. Wish it wasn't such a pain.

It's IMO, less of a pain and more of prioritizing some feature requests over others. This is why I asked to opensource it, if there's little value that devs see in it.

I've made a pull-request to jellyfin to upgrade the bdinfo library to latest uhd-supporting version: https://github.com/jellyfin/jellyfin/pull/1891

And it wasn't that hard.

Edited by muller_md
  • Like 1

I'm happy to open source it, but what's going to make this hard is you need to change out all of the System.IO.File or Directory methods to instead use our IFileSystem api so that it can support the server's built-in SMB browsing.

That's what makes this hard, and that's the primary reason why you can't just dump newer versions of the BDInfo source over the top. It also means you're going to have to do the same thing with DiscUtils. That means you can't add it as a package reference. You'll have to embed the DiscUtils source and then change out all of the IO methods. 

If you're willing to do that, then i can help you get started.

• 2 months later...
marcoxyz

Hi Admin

Any updates here? It is very painful, no Metadata for UHD HDR Movies on ISO or BDMV Structure. Even if I write a full  NFO with all stream information upfront (KODI compatible). The metadata are not recognized by Emby.

There is even no way to provide this information over the Metadata Manager.

What is the solution here (And no MKV is it not because of preserving the BluRay structure for direct play).

Best regards,

Marco

• 3 weeks later...
muller_md

We'll try to update the code for our bluray support as soon as we can. Thanks for the feedback.

Feel free to have a look at the Jellyfin BDInfo contribution (available over nuget as well).

• 7 months later...

Hi friends, i have a new install from Emby on my new maschine, i would like to habe the same layout like on the old one but i dont know how to enable it, can sombody help me?
On the new install is liftime licence and working fine, the plugins are installed and enable ...
Thanks

I would like to have it like on the pictures ...

Bild 2020-09-22 16_22_40.jpg

Bild 2020-09-22 16_30_43.jpg

Bild 2020-09-22 16_36_46.jpg

14 minutes ago, tznemet said:

Hi friends, i have a new install from Emby on my new maschine, i would like to habe the same layout like on the old one but i dont know how to enable it, can sombody help me?
On the new install is liftime licence and working fine, the plugins are installed and enable ...
Thanks

I would like to have it like on the pictures ...

Bild 2020-09-22 16_22_40.jpg

Bild 2020-09-22 16_30_43.jpg

Bild 2020-09-22 16_36_46.jpg

Hi, what does it look like now?

i would like to have it like on the old server, see the first 2 pictures, the addons are installed and enabled but it dosnt show it like on the first 2 pictures
regards thanks

Hi, the difference I see is that one is using the CoverArt plugin and one is not.

Have you installed and configured CoverArt on your new machine?