2 instances of each backdrop downloaded

ginjaninja
Go to solution Solved by ginjaninja,

ginjaninja

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/84611964/server-63522732798.log

Version 3.0.5097.16641

example in log, big trouble in little china

mb3 configured to manage all metadata and store locally in collection.

Every film which i delete all backdrops for....has its backdrops redownloaded (good) but 2 of every instance (bad - should be 1)

(Note i deleted backdrops as i noticed duplicates of backdrops in movies that i checked)

ginjaninja

hi luke i thought i checked for this, by using dashboard to browse all online backdrops (presumably from both providors) to confirm no duplicates online for arrising duplicates on filesystem ...further investigation suggests if a force refresh is performed only 1 instance is downoaded, if all backdrops are deleted and mb3 left to fill in blanks automatically via watcher/scan task?, the issue arrises.

i just did a force refresh on big trouble in little china after manual deletion again...and only 1 instance occured..ie it worked

Edited by ginjaninja

a couple releases ago we started recording where backdrops are downloaded from in order to prevent this. unfortunately we have no way of comparing that to backdrops that were in your library prior to that release. and if the tmdb or fanart url's change, which they could, then we also have no control over that either.

ginjaninja

Hi Luke,

after deleteing all backdrops i can reliably reproduce the problem.

When backdrops are downloaded by a background scan library  task, duplicates are created...when a force refresh is done on a movie (after removing all backdrops), a single instances is downloaded.

some movies have duplicates and some dont, but the ones which have duplicates dont show duplicates on line when you 'browse online', and a force refresh fixes the bad behaviour as above

Edited by ginjaninja

ginjaninja

oops theres also ibn\artists\backdrop*.jpg...

and suggest u dont delete unwanted backdrops post scan via explorer..use mb3 dashboard editor..i got a duplicate again shortly after but this may have been due to not clearing up ibn\artists b4 fresh start.

• Solution
ginjaninja

ah ok think ive sussed it.

i deleted all my backdrops accross tv, music and movies

and also deleted the folders in the appdata\mb3\data folder (could have been more picky no doubt). then rescan.

this i believe ensures that mb3 is 100 synchronised between what backdrops exist and where they have been downloaded from...now no duplicates..

for other interested in achieving this state of mb3 metadata nirvana.you may want a command like this to backup your images just incase something goes wrong.

robocopy P:\MOVIES1 X:\MOVIES118122013 folder.jpg backdrop*.jpg /MIR /R:1 /W:1

Edited by ginjaninja