Odd behavior during ongoing recording

jasonmcroy

jasonmcroy

I thought I had noticed this phenomena in the past but I wasn't sure if it was coincidence or not. While a show is recording, I can see the tuner light on my HDHomerun Prime unit. Once I noticed that when I opened my Android app on my tablet I would see the tuner light blink for a second and then turn back on solid. I checked the recording and there is a brief pixelation in the recording at that point (I noted the time).

I checked this again last night and now again tonight but with the new Emby Theater App. It didn't seem to happen when I opened the Android App tonight and it doesn't consistently happen either. 

Tonight I opened the Emby Theater App on my laptop (which is connected via Wifi) and sure enough I saw the tuner light flicker while recording The Flash. For fun I turned on my TV and opened the Emby Theater App on my HTPC and sure enough it happened again. 

I immediately opened the Server log and looked at the end and I see something there but I don't know how to interpret it. I saved that log to my desktop and I am uploading it for you to look at.

I noticed this in the past (I think I even posted about it but never got a response) but back then the tuner light would start blinking and then go off completely and I would lose the rest of that recording. It seems now that Emby TV is at least picking the recording back up again, but I am still left with the brief pixelation of the recording at that point. 

Anyway, here is the log:

server-63589375577.txt

EDIT: I also just remembered that you once told me to turn on "Send new recordings to Organize". I just noticed I don't have it set this way anymore. Could that be part of the issue or not related? 

Edited by jasonmcroy

jasonmcroy

While recording "Arrow" tonight I decided to see if I could recreate this issue. I noticed that my last log attachment was downloaded so maybe you're looking into this?

Anyway, I accessed the Web App from my laptop and I was able to recreate the issue tonight. I save the log again in case it is useful to you. It occurred at about 8:47pm. 

Here is the log:

server-63589449600.txt

jasonmcroy

While I have an ongoing recording in progress, if I access an App (I have seen it when going into the Web Client, Emby Theater and the Android App) the tuner light on my Prime will flicker (go off briefly and then come back on) resulting in a break up in the recording at that same point.

Something is interfering with the stream to the Prime while there is an ongoing recording. It appears it occurs when the suggestions tab is populating in the Live TV section.

To add and clarify - I notice the break up in the resulting recording when I watch it and it occurs at the same point and time as the tuner light flicker.

Edited by jasonmcroy

When we pull up the list of programs or recordings we don't query the HDHR, so I don't even know where to begin

jasonmcroy

I see. I guess you just query Schedules Direct for the guide data which has nothing to do with the HDHR unit. There must be some interuption to the stream at the same time, not related to the guide but just happens at the same time.

Out of curiousity I am going to run some more tests today and see if Ican cause it with different applications that aren't Emby related and maybe even while recording with HDHR's DVR to see if it's some sort of network issue causing the stream to drop.

I have noticed this behavior in the past but back then (maybe 3 months ago) the recording process would just stop altogether and the tuner light would just go out completely. I noticed in another thread you mentioned that you fixed something with the recorder picking the stream back up again if it's interupted. I think that is similar to what I am seeing, which as you said there, will cause a disruption in the recording at that point but will still at least record the entire show.

Thanks for at least responding again.

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Tapatalk