Subviews Now Forced (Not Selected) with Server Update Today

gochiefs88842
Go to solution Solved by ebr,

gochiefs88842

I just installed the newest server version (3.0.5818.0) and now all of my libraries (movies, music, tv shows, etc.) are forcing subviews (resume, favorites, genres, etc.) even though the check boxes were never checked in EMC to begin with.  Once navigating within the subviews (for instance, clicking the subview "movies" within my actual movies library), now all of my previous viewing options (coverflow vs. list vs. poster) are being ignored, as well.  I already had enhanced presentations enabled in the web client/server side. I am speculating this issue is similar behavior to the posts referenced here re: subviews being forced, albeit as a result of a more recent server update.

I tried toggling/enabling subviews and restarting, disabling subviews and restarting in hopes that this would reset the issue--no dice.  I don't want to use legacy viewing and short of reinstalling the client, I'm not sure what to do at this point, plus I'm not certain a reinstall will fix this issue. I'm fairly confident that this behavior is caused by the new server installation, as things were working perfectly last night and I updated the server tonight and now subviews are being forced despite not being selected.  I was forced to install the C++ component during the server update, fwiw. EMC is up-to-date, btw, stable release (3.0.292.0).

EMC log attached.  

MBClassic-2512016c7fd4ab2bcc74506a89cd5547995ae46.log

• Like 1

Check your user preferences in the web interface. user icon top right -> settings -> home screen. then see if any groupings are turned on and if so, disable them.

gochiefs88842

No groupings turned on in the "My Views" section.  Only box checked in that list is "Display a collections view..."   Should I de-select that, as well?

Update: Tried that while waiting for response, no change.  Re-enabled.

Edited by gochiefs88842

epayson85

Home screen settings and disable enhanced view styles for tv shows fixes it. However now latest TV shows don't show up on the home screen and it looks like crap. On that note pleaseeee stop breaking wmc... It's the only good app you have! I can deal with / forgive with the other apps on Android and so forth as those aren't on my main pc and they are being developed but This is becoming frustrating... Stop changing things for the other apps. The other apps should be conforming to this one as its the most stable. Collections under sub view is broken... Now I have to see a forced sub view under TV... Changes continue to mess with this app and they don't get resolved as no one is devloping this app anymore and if this one isn't fixed it will be beyond frustrating. I completely understand the other apps are the future. In fact I look forward to theater replacing wmc eventually. Until then though I want something that works reliably and Emby for wmc use to be it.

epayson85

Also I figured it would but just to confirm it ruins the enhanced views on the other apps as well. Why have the option for sub views in wmc if you are just going to break it? It worked before. Put it back...

• Like 1

gochiefs88842

I tried the update to the beta and it attempted an apparent install and restart of EMC automatically and then WMC prompted a popup indicating that Emby would not start and asked if I'd like to remove it from the WMC startup menu.  EMC is now completely missing from my computer and I will have to do a reinstall.  This is exactly what I was trying to avoid and why I almost always avoid betas.  

MBClassic-261201688357760507e48a5a88211adb91ae8ef.log

Edited by gochiefs88842

gochiefs88842

I just tried a reinstall and it won't even load the program again after trying to run the installer. Seriously, what am I supposed to do now?

post-4652-0-53866500-1453832059_thumb.png

Edited by gochiefs88842

gochiefs88842
ebr, I followed the instructions and I hope this is what was meant by include the "full editor."  If not, let me know.  I am posting the most recent error log, but there's probably 5-6 since I tried to update from the beta 90 minutes ago.

Log Name:      Media Center

Source:        ehExtHost

Date:          1/26/2016 12:50:52 PM

Event ID:      0

Task Category: None

Level:         Information

Keywords:      Classic

User:          N/A

Computer:      HTPC

Description:

Exception Microsoft.MediaCenter.Hosting.Infrastructure.InvalidAddInException: Unable to load invalid add-in MediaBrowser.MyAddIn, MediaBrowser,Culture=Neutral,Version=3.0.292.0,PublicKeyToken=59fc04479785fd64

at MediaCenter.Extensibility.ExtensibilityPlugInEntryPointInfo.ExtensibilityPlugInLaunchInfo.LoadAddIn()

at MediaCenter.Extensibility.ExtensibilityPlugInEntryPointInfo.Launch(Object& objState)

at MediaCenter.Extensibility.ExtensibilityEntryPoint.Launch(PageBasedUCPService ucp, Object objMediaContext, Object[] entryPointParameters, String altPageUrl, ExtensibilityAutomation& exautoUsed)

InnerException System.ArgumentException: Unable to load assembly: MediaBrowser,Culture=Neutral,Version=3.0.292.0,PublicKeyToken=59fc04479785fd64

Parameter name: fullName

Server stack trace: 

at MediaCenter.Extensibility.RemoteTypeLoader.CreateInstance(String fullName, Assembly& asm)

at MediaCenter.Extensibility.AddInLoader.CreateInstance(String fullName)

at System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.Message.Dispatch(Object target, Boolean fExecuteInContext)

at System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.StackBuilderSink.SyncProcessMessage(IMessage msg, Int32 methodPtr, Boolean fExecuteInContext)

Exception rethrown at [0]: 

at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.HandleReturnMessage(IMessage reqMsg, IMessage retMsg)

at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.PrivateInvoke(MessageData& msgData, Int32 type)

at System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.StackBuilderSink._PrivateProcessMessage(IntPtr md, Object[] args, Object server, Int32 methodPtr, Boolean fExecuteInContext, Object[]& outArgs)

at System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.StackBuilderSink.SyncProcessMessage(IMessage msg, Int32 methodPtr, Boolean fExecuteInContext)

Exception rethrown at [1]: 

at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.HandleReturnMessage(IMessage reqMsg, IMessage retMsg)

at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.PrivateInvoke(MessageData& msgData, Int32 type)

at Microsoft.MediaCenter.Hosting.Infrastructure.IRemoteTypeLoader.CreateInstance(String fullName)

at MediaCenter.Extensibility.ExtensibilityPlugInEntryPointInfo.ExtensibilityPlugInLaunchInfo.LoadAddIn()

InnerException System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'MediaBrowser, Version=3.0.292.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=59fc04479785fd64' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

at System.Reflection.Assembly._nLoad(AssemblyName fileName, String codeBase, Evidence assemblySecurity, Assembly locationHint, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, Boolean throwOnFileNotFound, Boolean forIntrospection)

at System.Reflection.Assembly.InternalLoad(AssemblyName assemblyRef, Evidence assemblySecurity, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, Boolean forIntrospection)

at System.Reflection.Assembly.InternalLoad(String assemblyString, Evidence assemblySecurity, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, Boolean forIntrospection)

at System.Reflection.Assembly.Load(String assemblyString)

at MediaCenter.Extensibility.RemoteTypeLoader.LoadAssembly(String assemblyName, Exception& loadException)

Event Xml:

<System>

<Provider Name="ehExtHost" />

<EventID Qualifiers="0">0</EventID>

<Level>4</Level>

<Task>0</Task>

<Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>

<TimeCreated SystemTime="2016-01-26T18:50:52.000000000Z" />

<EventRecordID>1707</EventRecordID>

<Channel>Media Center</Channel>

<Computer>HTPC</Computer>

<Security />

</System>

<EventData>

<Data>Exception Microsoft.MediaCenter.Hosting.Infrastructure.InvalidAddInException: Unable to load invalid add-in MediaBrowser.MyAddIn, MediaBrowser,Culture=Neutral,Version=3.0.292.0,PublicKeyToken=59fc04479785fd64

at MediaCenter.Extensibility.ExtensibilityPlugInEntryPointInfo.Launch(Object& objState)

at MediaCenter.Extensibility.ExtensibilityEntryPoint.Launch(PageBasedUCPService ucp, Object objMediaContext, Object[] entryPointParameters, String altPageUrl, ExtensibilityAutomation& exautoUsed)

InnerException System.ArgumentException: Unable to load assembly: MediaBrowser,Culture=Neutral,Version=3.0.292.0,PublicKeyToken=59fc04479785fd64

Parameter name: fullName

Server stack trace: 

at MediaCenter.Extensibility.RemoteTypeLoader.CreateInstance(String fullName, Assembly& asm)

at System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.Message.Dispatch(Object target, Boolean fExecuteInContext)

Exception rethrown at [0]: 

at System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.StackBuilderSink._PrivateProcessMessage(IntPtr md, Object[] args, Object server, Int32 methodPtr, Boolean fExecuteInContext, Object[]& outArgs)

Exception rethrown at [1]: 

at Microsoft.MediaCenter.Hosting.Infrastructure.IRemoteTypeLoader.CreateInstance(String fullName)

InnerException System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'MediaBrowser, Version=3.0.292.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=59fc04479785fd64' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

at System.Reflection.Assembly._nLoad(AssemblyName fileName, String codeBase, Evidence assemblySecurity, Assembly locationHint, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, Boolean throwOnFileNotFound, Boolean forIntrospection)

at System.Reflection.Assembly.InternalLoad(AssemblyName assemblyRef, Evidence assemblySecurity, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, Boolean forIntrospection)

at System.Reflection.Assembly.InternalLoad(String assemblyString, Evidence assemblySecurity, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, Boolean forIntrospection)

at System.Reflection.Assembly.Load(String assemblyString)

at MediaCenter.Extensibility.RemoteTypeLoader.LoadAssembly(String assemblyName, Exception& loadException)

</Data>

</EventData>

</Event>

Something went very wrong with the installation as WMC is still looking for version 292.

More than likely, some sort of anti-virus program quarantined some part of the program when you installed it.  If you have Norton or Avast, that is my first suspicion.

gochiefs88842

ebr, sorry for the delayed response.  Just checked and you were right on the antivirus front, disabling it permitted the reinstall to go through and my old settings now appear to be back in effect after your beta revision (I wonder what in the installer package is triggering that response?).  The thread that I referenced in my original post suggested that subviews being forced in EMC following a server side update is a common occurrence.  I don't know if that's true, but will I need to start using beta-level updates in EMC now?  I'd much prefer keeping with stable releases as I'm more risk averse than other users. Thanks.   

fuzzypiglet

ive had the same problem this morning after the update (non beta) and indeed pausing kaspersky and playing with the emby user settings fixed it.

Is there something i should be allowing through a firewall or some other setting i need to change somewhere?