Shuffle/Play All Music?

donny6315

donny6315

Hello all,

I recently made the switch from Plex and am excited to start using Emby. I have upgraded to Premiere and also have the android app. One thing I missed from the Plex app is the ability to play all music and shuffle my library. I use the server remotely to play music (most of the time), but I find it a bit cumbersome and boring to only be able to shuffle one artist or album at a time. I see I can create an 'Instant Mix', but this seems like a slight deviation to what shuffling usually grants (a completely randomized playlist).

Am I missing something here or is this a feature that has yet to be included?

Thanks in advanced! 

• Like 1

We don't currently have this for the entire library but I agree it's a good idea. What you can do in the meantime is go over to the genres tab and shuffle or instant mix a genre. It might not be your entire library but it will at least offer some variation.

The difference between two is that instant mix will include additional content from your library that might not exactly fall within the criteria, but is somewhat similar.

Good suggestion!

• 2 weeks later...
jamvids

Hello, another thing you can do is shuffle a favourites playlist. You have to use the Emby android tv app. I have been using this for the time being. As long as you have pleanty of songs as you favourites it there is an auto playlist function that will randomly pick 150 tracks, you can reshuffle the list and also save is as a permanent playlist. You can also pause it, come back the next day and resume straight away (as long as you don't close the app). It is a bit cumbersome to use as it is designed for a remote so I have been using a bluetooth gamepad. It's worth a look. In my opinion it's a far better app.

Sent from my E6853 using Tapatalk

Hello, another thing you can do is shuffle a favourites playlist. You have to use the Emby android tv app. I have been using this for the time being. As long as you have pleanty of songs as you favourites it there is an auto playlist function that will randomly pick 150 tracks, you can reshuffle the list and also save is as a permanent playlist. You can also pause it, come back the next day and resume straight away (as long as you don't close the app). It is a bit cumbersome to use as it is designed for a remote so I have been using a bluetooth gamepad. It's worth a look. In my opinion it's a far better app.

You can shuffle playlists in the mobile app.

jamvids

Yeah, I was just on about favourites, I think the TV app handles playlists and especially the Auto favourites one really well and looks great and is very responsive. Both have their charms.