Kid Friendly View

nuahsocramid

nuahsocramid

Good Day All,

I'm looking for a "kid friendly" view to fit my child's profile where they can login, see the "Kids Movies" folder i've created, click said folder, see said movies (or just see said movies to begin with and skip the top level folder view), and then simply do a "Click to Play" function.   My 4yr old doesn't really have the desire, yet, to read about reviews, plots, see what actors are in it.   She just wants to watch her movies.  

Also, is there a way to eliminate the scrolling tabs at the top that call out Home/Next Up/Favorites/Upcoming?   another feature that i'd love to eliminate for simplicity purposes. 

Thank you all for your time and thoughts,

sd

• Like 2

nuahsocramid

So I'm looking to be able to hand my child a tablet for a road trip, or house use, and have them be able to just click a couple times to watch a movie using a profile just for them.

Thanks again,

sd

Vidman

Create a "Kids" user and give them access to only kids movies folder and in the user settings for kids under home screen settings/view styles uncheck kids movie folder to disable enhanced presentations

I would very much like to do kid-specific layouts for multiple apps. Just a matter of getting to it.

• Like 3

nuahsocramid

@@Vidman I did create a "kids" user...and unchecked the view styles. But when you do that: 1) it turns the folder icon into something generic. 2) it does remove the Suggestions/movoes/trailers/collections (which is a win). 3) it still keeps all of the movie matadata once you click the movie you want (looking for a "click and play" function)

@@Luke excited to here its something you'd like to add. Can you move this post into the Feature Requests section? Or would you like me to repost this?

Thanks much

sd

• Like 1

I would very much like to do kid-specific layouts for multiple apps. Just a matter of getting to it.

Awesome news Luke.  I would love to see a feature like this implemented as well.  A Toddler mode for specific users where there are stripped down options (IE - all the options presented to them when clicking on a movie with Trailer/Sync/thumbsup/down/other movies showing/chapters/etc.) that are not presented and just a big picture and a play button and maybe some of the recommended movies along with it.  I've stripped it down as much as I can and still see myself having to help out on road trips at times.

Steind

• Like 1

Happy2Play

Awesome news Luke.  I would love to see a feature like this implemented as well.  A Toddler mode for specific users where there are stripped down options (IE - all the options presented to them when clicking on a movie with Trailer/Sync/thumbsup/down/other movies showing/chapters/etc.) that are not presented and just a big picture and a play button and maybe some of the recommended movies along with it.  I've stripped it down as much as I can and still see myself having to help out on road trips at times.

Steind

Most of those can be removed via custom css, but that will remove them for all users via the web client.

Edited by Happy2Play

Koleckai Silvestri

Most of those can be removed via custom css, but that will remove them for all users via the web client.

You could do some interesting stuff if the user id was inserted into the page as a CSS ID or via HTML data attributes on the body tag.

Edited by Koleckai Silvestri

nuahsocramid

coming from a non-technical user...this doesnt make sense (the custom css & css id/html).   if it's something that can easily be obtained/do then i'm willing to walk through it.   if not, i'll happily wait for the Emby Team to produce a Kid View.

thanks all,

sd

Koleckai Silvestri

coming from a non-technical user...this doesnt make sense (the custom css & css id/html).   if it's something that can easily be obtained/do then i'm willing to walk through it.   if not, i'll happily wait for the Emby Team to produce a Kid View.

thanks all,

sd

The development team would have to generate the IDs in the code. Once that is done, people can make custom CSS for specific users. It isn't currently possible.

For a tablet on the go, you'll need a custom theme for that tablet's app. Then you can sync media and not have to rely on cellular or WiFi.

Edited by Koleckai Silvestri

• 2 weeks later...
Dizzy49

The development team would have to generate the IDs in the code. Once that is done, people can make custom CSS for specific users. It isn't currently possible.

For a tablet on the go, you'll need a custom theme for that tablet's app. Then you can sync media and not have to rely on cellular or WiFi.

Except you still have to have a connection to play sync'd media right now.  Offline viewing is sorely lacking :(