New Albums - songs not showing up

galways

galways

Added a new album to my Emby Server (3.0.5818.0) called "Now That's What I Call Reggae".  Using the latest plugin 1.1.80, the album and image show correctly in Kodi; however, when clicking on the album there are none of the 60 audio files listed.  In the attached log the album shows at time code 13:13:37 / 13:15:24.

Had added a few albums earlier today and they work fine?

kodi Jan 25.log

Added a new album to my Emby Server (3.0.5818.0) called "Now That's What I Call Reggae".  Using the latest plugin 1.1.80, the album and image show correctly in Kodi; however, when clicking on the album there are none of the 60 audio files listed.  In the attached log the album shows at time code 13:13:37 / 13:15:24.

Had added a few albums earlier today and they work fine?

Same is here. All missed songs are listed as singles. Thought it is coz I use plagin on Kodi 15.2 not 14.2.

Movies/Shows sync without any problem.

galways

Yes just confirmed that when I add a new album the songs are there if I do an individual search; however, no songs showing when I click the album.

marcelveldt

Could it be that the albums that are missing songs are various artists albums (compilations) ?

galways

Could it be that the albums that are missing songs are various artists albums (compilations) ?

The album identified in the first post was a compilation of artists.  The one I just added to Emby (ABBA) in the attached log isn't.  Get the same result with both, files not listed under the album when selected.

kodi Jan 27.log

Have problem with both types: various artists almums and one singer albums.

Once installed plugin worked perfectly: all albums were recognized with all songs inside.

After first sync all newly added albums were not properely recognized.

SteveSng

Anyone have the solution for this?

I just added 4 albums.  Kodi shows the four albums, but they are empty of songs.  All songs are now listed as singles, under the correct artist.  These were not compilations.  Exiting Kodi and restarting didn't fix it.

I am running the latest emby beta 1.1.80.  Kodi is 16.0-BETA5 Git: 2015-12-28-afb466 (experimental audio pass-through build).  I also am running the latest Emby.Kodi Sync Queue plugin.

Not sure if a log would help at this time.  I will re-set my database tonight (it takes soooo long) and see what happens.

Thanks!

Steve

galways

Anyone have the solution for this?

I just added 4 albums.  Kodi shows the four albums, but they are empty of songs.  All songs are now listed as singles, under the correct artist.  These were not compilations.  Exiting Kodi and restarting didn't fix it.

I am running the latest emby beta 1.1.80.  Kodi is 16.0-BETA5 Git: 2015-12-28-afb466 (experimental audio pass-through build).  I also am running the latest Emby.Kodi Sync Queue plugin.

Not sure if a log would help at this time.  I will re-set my database tonight (it takes soooo long) and see what happens.

Thanks!

Steve

Steve, I have tried a database reset and it didn't solve the issue.

Re-installing Kodi with Emby addon should solve the problem, but don't think it is an option.

Movie sync works fine. Don't know why there is problem with music...

Angelblue05

Hello, it's being looked into. I will let you know if I need more info.

Thanks for your patience guys.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SteveSng

galways & Angelblue05,

I reset my database overnight and it DID correct my albums.  So far so good, except it shouldn't take a reset to add media properly.

Without restarting Kodi I added another album to my server.  Within seconds the new album flowed to my Kodi machine, showing an empty album and all songs as singles.  Looking at song information in Kodi it shows album as "Unavailable"  I should add that all my music metadata (except cover art) is stored as ID3v2.2 tags in the file.

Here is the relevant log.  Album added at lines 74757 to 74765

http://xbmclogs.com/pq7vxmwtb

Hope this helps figure out the issue.

Steve

• Like 1

Angelblue05

Try version 1.1.81. It should correct this issue. If you've already have songs that are messed up, a reset will be required to fix them, but if you want to quickly test beforehand to confirm that it works, you can add a new album. Let me know, I have tested on my side and it worked correctly.

galways

Loaded version 1.1.81, reset the local database, quit Kodi, added a new album to the Emby server and ensured it was scanned, restarted Kodi, crashed on the sync.  The album added was "Talk That Talk" .  Log attached.

kodi Jan 29 after reset.log

Angelblue05

Gah, frikkin typo. I've just updated the beta repository with the fix for future downloads. Here you go, just install over it since you already have the latest installed and try again: 

Edited by Angelblue05

galways

Gah, frikkin typo. I've just updated the beta repository with the fix for future downloads. Here you go, just install over it since you already have the latest installed and try again: 

Tried new file.  Added a number of albums including "Now That's What I Call Reggae" which was the result of my first post.  All of the new albums showed up correctly but It still failed with the Reggae album.  Its a compilation with 60 songs.  If I now try to add any album they again show as blank.  The log is attached.

kodi.old.log

galways

I reset data base again and this time added a different "large" album, Billy Holiday 100 songs.  It fails to show songs as well so it might be a function of number of songs as opposed to just being a compilation. Hope this helps, log attached.

kodi after reset Jan 30.log

SteveSng

Angelblue05,

I installed the latest beta from the repository last night and did a manual sync overnight.  This fixed the existing empty album.

Just added another album this morning while Kodi wasn't running.  Started Kodi and album appeared, still empty with all songs listed as singles.  So, not fixed on my system.

Here is the link to latest log.  Album was added at line 569:

http://xbmclogs.com/pftwhqiwe

Thanks for looking back into this,

Steve

Edited by SteveSng

Angelblue05

Ok still looking into it. It's weird, I added a new album as a test on my side, and the songs were correctly assigned to the album in kodi.

SteveSng

Ok still looking into it. It's weird, I added a new album as a test on my side, and the songs were correctly assigned to the album in kodi.

Something on my side?  Music media resides on an Unraid server with smb shares:

\\SERVER\Music\Music Collection

\\SERVER\Music\High Def Collection

Emby server is on another machine with read-only access to the smb server shares.

Kodi is on an NVIDIA Shield TV.

Steve

Angelblue05

I'm not sure at this point. I will have a test build for you to test later with additional logging.

I thought the issue lies in the fact that songs are processed before the actual album is added. So when it didn't find the album at song level, it was creating singles. I changed that logic and instead I force it to add the album first, if it's missing when the songs are added.

SteveSng

I'm not sure at this point. I will have a test build for you to test later with additional logging.

I thought the issue lies in the fact that songs are processed before the actual album is added. So when it didn't find the album at song level, it was creating singles. I changed that logic and instead I force it to add the album first, if it's missing when the songs are added.

Angelblue05,

Just a reminder that my albums work perfectly on an initial sync (when I re-set my Kodi database from the Emby add-on).

The problem comes on an incremental sync when albums are added, and is not corrected on a shut-down and restart of Kodi.

Thanks so much with this.

Steve

Angelblue05

Yes, because during the initial sync, the order is controlled (this is the only difference, otherwise it uses the same function as the incremental sync). It will process artists, then albums, then songs. But with the incremental, there is no order. It processes songs before albums, for example. Anyway, I'll add more logging to find where the issue lies... The songs were still added as singles right?

Thanks for your time.

SteveSng

Yes, because during the initial sync, the order is controlled (this is the only difference, otherwise it uses the same function as the incremental sync). It will process artists, then albums, then songs. But with the incremental, there is no order. It processes songs before albums, for example. Anyway, I'll add more logging to find where the issue lies... The songs were still added as singles right?

Thanks for your time.

Yes, added as singles, albums empty.  Singles play just fine.

Steve