MB3 clients license model

Magilla

Hello,

I'm wondering if you are planning to create "family accounts" or bundles to buy multiple clients in a more convenient way than it is today. This is my real family scenario: 

N. 2 Windows Phones 8: Lumia 920 for me and Lumia 820 for my wife

N. 1 Surface RT (but with three different profiles): personal profile for me and my wife (using the same Microsoft Account than for the Windows Phones) + my son personal profile

N. 1 Laptop (Win 8.1) for me

N. 1 All-In-One PC (Win 8.1) on a "family" Microsoft Account

so I have 4 accounts in total (3 personal for me, my wife and my son plus a family account for the shared PC in the Kitchen)

Maybe I'm wrong, but if I want to buy MB3 clients for all devices I have in my house and to enable all my family to use it, I would have to buy single licences for each account and device.

Is it really the only way or it would be possible to buy multiple licenses at once and save some $ ?

Thanks!

Magilla

I don't think we will have any control over this beyond what the delivery platforms give us.  Those clients that sell in stores are just like any other app in those stores.

For instance, if you buy the MB3 Win 8.1 client with your microsoft account, then you should be able to put it on any device that uses that Microsoft account.  Unless Microsoft provides the ability to link accounts somehow and share these, then I don't know that there is anything else that could be done.

But, maybe the client devs will have other ideas.

Thanks for the quick answer. Unfortunately Windows 8 and Windows Phone 8 clients are different apps, so even if I use the same Microsoft account I need to buy them separately.

I understand is not something you can control centrally, but I hope some smart idea would pop up at some point :-)

Magilla

If you have the w8 app you should be able to install that on all your profiles. You can change which account is used for the store too just in case your kids don't have a purchase account set up...

Sent from my Windows Phone 8X by HTC using Tapatalk

Thanks for the quick answer. Unfortunately Windows 8 and Windows Phone 8 clients are different apps, so even if I use the same Microsoft account I need to buy them separately.

I understand is not something you can control centrally, but I hope some smart idea would pop up at some point :-)

Magilla

Microsoft is looking to unify their stores.  However, the two apps you mentioned are developed by different people so, even if the stores were the same, you would still have to purchase both apps.