Openelec Direct Play problem

screwfaze

screwfaze

Hi,

I have been using kodi with emby addon for a while now and have managed to get direct play working but since upgrading to the new beta it stopped working again. Can anyone please look at my logs and advice.

Thanks,

Al

Edited by screwfaze

xnappo

So here is the path it is trying to play:

smb://alex/Adventure/The Lone Ranger 2013 BluRay.m2ts

If that is right (and it looks reasonable, if alex is the machine, and Adventure is a shared folder) then maybe it is your password.  We moved the password out of the path directly, and into passwords.xml.  Make sure you have a smb username/password set.

• Like 1

screwfaze

Hi,

Thanks for reply I have definitely got the network credentials I even tried removing them then adding back and reset then kodi database.

Thanks,

Al

Angelblue05

No need to reset database. In network credentials, for server, you put in alex, not the ip, correct?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Angelblue05

screwfaze

Hi,

I have tried with ALEX server uppercase name and checked the password.XML and definitely correct.

Thanks,

Alex

• Like 1

screwfaze

Hi Guys,

Thanks I have done that and still the same. I have attached some logs. The same addon actually works on my PC with Kodi so not sure why this doesnt work.

Thanks,

Al

Angelblue05

Can you try something? Go to settings > add-ons > install from zip > navigate via smb to you shares, can Kodi access them? Or does it ask you for a password, let me know.

screwfaze

Hi,

It indeed does ask for a password. I have tried to enter this and save and reboot but still does not direct play.

Thanks,

Al

Angelblue05

Ok and when you entered it, what does your passwords.xml looks like now? Is it different than when you previously checked?

Sorry my helping ability is very limited at the moment. My computer is damaged. Waiting for the replacement parts to arrive, hopefully Wednesday (meaning I can't view logs)

Edited by Angelblue05

screwfaze

Hi,

Sorry hard for me to tell as I did not really memorise what was there before just looked at the username and password, it looks the same though.

Thanks,

Al 

mellomade
00:00:26 T:1637827648  NOTICE: EMBY PlayUtils -> Verifying path: smb://alex/Mixed5/G.I. Jane 1997 BluRay.mkv
00:00:27 T:1637827648  NOTICE: EMBY PlayUtils -> Failed to find file.
00:00:27 T:1637827648  NOTICE: EMBY PlayUtils -> Unable to direct play.

OE definitely cannot see your SMB share.  If it works on your PC I would go compare your Emby settings and passwords.xml file from your PC to your Pi.  You have to be doing something different on your Pi.

FWIW - I have had issues using SMB shares (from Windows boxes) in OpenELEC when using the computer name in the share.  My experience has been more stable using the direct IP address of the Emby Server.

• Like 1

screwfaze

Thanks guys for all the replies I will try again tomorrow and change library to use ip addresses instead. Will report back with the results.

Thanks,

Al

MSattler

Thanks guys for all the replies I will try again tomorrow and change library to use ip addresses instead. Will report back with the results.

Thanks,

Al

Have you tried the IP Address?

Perhaps the DNS/Netbios resolution is failing.   Make sure to set a static IP too.

• Like 1

screwfaze

Hi Guys,

I have re-added my library using the ip address and can confirm that direct play working for my movies  :D really loving this.

I have one last request my tv shows from my nas are still direct streaming need some help with that now will attach the log.

Thanks,

Alex

xnappo

Hi Guys,

I have re-added my library using the ip address and can confirm that direct play working for my movies  :D really loving this.

I have one last request my tv shows from my nas are still direct streaming need some help with that now will attach the log.

Thanks,

Alex

Well, here is what happened.  Without knowing your network it is hard to know why it happened though.  Check that the path is right below:

18:50:03 T:1645892672  NOTICE: EMBY PlayUtils -> Verifying path: smb://192.168.0.25/Internal/HD/The 100/Season 3/The 100 - 3x01 - Wanheda (1).mkv
18:50:09 T:1645892672  NOTICE: EMBY PlayUtils -> Failed to find file.
18:50:09 T:1645892672  NOTICE: EMBY PlayUtils -> Unable to direct play.
18:50:09 T:1645892672  NOTICE: EMBY PlayUtils -> Direct play failed: 2 times.
18:50:10 T:1645892672  NOTICE: EMBY PlayUtils -> Bitrate value is missing.
18:50:10 T:1645892672  NOTICE: EMBY PlayUtils -> File is direct streaming.
18:50:10 T:1645892672  NOTICE: EMBY Playlist -> Playurl: http://192.168.0.23:8096/emby/Videos/f0b6661657985a2a71531c762188fd4c/stream?static=true

screwfaze

Maybe because my library is still being scanned? I will wait and test when this is completed. 

Regards,

Alex

screwfaze

Hi,

So I am almost there now direct play is working for some of my shows but failing for others please find logs attached as usual any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Al

screwfaze

Hi Guys,

Still having a problem with this. What am I doing wrong here, the only difference is the stuff that refuses to direct play is in a different folder any suggestions? 

Thanks,

Al

screwfaze

It's a mybookliveduo and permissions are set from the root folder which the other folders are inside.

Thanks,

Al