Where's the Volume Control Icon?

grandpaxxl
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

grandpaxxl

Hello All,

first: Again great work with the new Emby Theater ... it's stunning how you guy's keep up the good work! Especially the announcement that there are more updates and development planned for the future makes me a happy guy.

So far everything works as expected but i am missing the volume control icon from the older Emby Theater:

56a4a7e1b4bf1_VolumeControlSymbol.jpg

Was it removed by design? 

Greetings

grandpaxxl

Sorry ... i see the control more or less randomly ... e.g. in the following screenshot you can see in the upper left the volume symbol shown by Windows 10 after changing the setting ... but nothing in the osd ...

56a4b3ae7290d_DesktopVolumeControl.jpg

My media center doesn't use Windows 10 ... so usage of the windows 10 volume control is no option.

Further testing leads to the following facts:

1. Pressing the volume buttons on my remote while NOT playing media doesn't show any symbol... and that would be definitely preferable. You don't want to check the volume controls when the baby is already awake ...  ;)

2. Pressing the volume buttons on my remote while playing media doesn't show any symbol (even in OSD)

3. Moving the mouse leads to the exact same result as you shown in your screenshot ... so there is the volume control icon ... but i preferred the "old" approach (symbol in the upper right corner)

4. If i change from full desktop to window mode the volume control will appear too ... 

As i said i would like to have an symbol always available for the volume control and independently of the task within emby theater (like in the old version).

Does that behaviour above sounds familiar for anyone? Is this a bug? And what about an option to get my volume control icon back as in the old version?

Thx in advance

Edited by grandpaxxl

Koleckai Silvestri

I believe that if you are using bitstreaming, you will not be able to change the volume in the app.

grandpaxxl

This shouldn't be the reason here ... the volume buttons on the remote definitely work ... just without any visual feedback ...  :mellow:

And why is it visible when moving the mouse? Or change window size?

Edited by grandpaxxl

• Solution

I decided to hide them when the mouse is not active because i figure most remotes will have volume controls. I do plan to add an osd indicator similar to what the old app has where it shows the volume change briefly for a second or two

• Like 3

I decided to hide them when the mouse is not active because i figure most remotes will have volume controls. I do plan to add an osd indicator similar to what the old app has where it shows the volume change briefly for a second or two

Please also make it possible to disable it ;)

It's one of the few things I didn't like about the old version, for aesthetics, since Win8/10 has the built in indicator that can not be disabled.

• 1 year later...

can you maybe add feature to control volume by remote connection and lock the volume option remotely?

Hi @@Djroyb, what exactly do you mean by

control volume by remote connection

Thanks !

Djroyb

example i remote control my home via my tablet but i know in my home my kids turn the volume to high and i want to lock the volume option from my tablet

example i remote control my home via my tablet but i know in my home my kids turn the volume to high and i want to lock the volume option from my tablet

Thats a interesting idea, maybe a auto night mode volume lock to prevent someone accidentally blasting the tv. I use a soundbar and control volume directly on it so it wont help those of us that use external amps.