can't play live tv on phone itself but can chromecast

TheShanMan

TheShanMan

Luke? Krusty? I'm happy to do whatever I can to help but it's a little frustrating that a supported configuration (I think?) could be broken for such a long time and getting attention on the issue has generally been like pulling teeth. Is this not really a configuration that Emby wishes to support? Is ServerWMC a YMMV option or is it supposed to be a fully supported part of the Emby ecosystem? Should I replace my Hauppauge HVR-2250 tuner with one that is directly supported by Emby?

In other words, if someone would say something like "Your configuration is not something we want to support. If you want to have a fully supported environment then you should buy xyz tuner." then I can at least move forward in a way that will presumably solve my frustration. My preference for the good of my wallet and the good of the community is to help get this problem fixed but I'm looking for guidance on the best path forward. No one but I seems to really care about solving this problem so if that's true, can I get confirmation that buying a new tuner is the advisable solution here?

Sorry, I would love to support every single tuner out there if we could but realistically we don't have the ability to test all of them. yes you will have a better experience with the tuners that emby supports natively, and this is through no fault of ServerWMC's, but anytime you reduce the number of variables at play then things are going to be simpler, more reliable, etc.

TheShanMan

Well, I'm glad I didn't immediately buy an HD Homerun tuner. Yesterday I found out about NextPVR and so far it seems like that works for me (on android and ET, both of which didn't work with ServerWMC). If only someone had suggested this to me sooner. :)

• 1 year later...