Live TV not recording any scheduled shows

emmcd

Hey Guys.  Live TV was working great for me, then starting Tuesday my shows seemed to stop recording.  They still show up in the "scheduled" area in the live tv dashboard, but nothing records.  If I manually tell the server to record something, it will start recording.  I've tried deleting all of my series, cleaning the database, and re-adding them and still nothing recorded tonight when scheduled.  Even more interesting they are still showing up in the scheduled tab for today as if they are still to record even though the time had long expired.   I didn't see any indication in the logs that the HDHomerun was even contacted to try and record the shows.  I did upgrade to windows 10 on Monday, but Monday night's shows recorded OK so I didn't think it was anything related to that.

Any ideas?  I have the server log file that covers all of today that I can send to whomever needs it as well.

I'm currently running server Version 3.0.5842.0

Thanks in advance for your help!

post-1357-0-10747700-1453519026_thumb.png

server-63589017600.txt

Edited by emmcd

Absolutely, they should have fired off at 19:00 and 20:00. That was puzzling to me too, I didn't see the call out to the hdhomerun.

I have the updated version of the beta server. I gave it one more shot with the updated server version, deleted the 2 series that were going to record tonight, removed the default pre and post padding, cleaned the database, and rescheduled the series for recording. The one at 7 actually recorded, so I'm cautiously optimistic :).

Ok, thanks. I think that is the issue then, related to resetting the timers after the machine wakes.

That makes sense, when I reset the recordings Sunday the computer didn't sleep prior to the recordings, but definitely did Monday and Tuesday when they didn't record.

So should I not sleep my machine or will something be changed on the back end for a future release? I'll be happy to test again if there's a mod. I usually run the latest beta version :)

Edited by emmcd

Just see if they record. Remember that the server doesn't wake itself for recordings so you're responsible for that part.

In case you're wondering why it's because emby server would need administrative privileges in order to schedule a wake timer, and most users are not going to want to run the server that way.

No worries, got a scheduled task to wake up the machine in time.  And the good news is everything seems to be resolved!  All shows recorded normally.  Thanks for the help in resolving!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Unfortunately this issue seems to have resurfaced in the last few days. The shows recorded ok tonight, but I think that's just because the server rebooted for the update.  As such I don't have any log files for today that would be helpful, but if the issue persists tomorrow, I'll load another one up.  Last time I checked it looked like the timer wasn't firing again.

Thanks!