Connection refused

pavipollo

pavipollo

Hi everyone, first of all greetings to the community, from a new member (me)!

Secondly I have, of course, a problem (two actually)...

First problem:

I just installed the server (v. 3.05786.0) on my MacMini running Yosemite (10.10.5). Installation is ok and I can access locally the web interface on the IP of the machine (192.168.22.69:8096).

However I cannot access the server remotely, neither via the static IP nor via dyndns. In both cases the error is that the page cannot be found. I obviously opened (forwarded) TCP port 8096 in my router (Cisco EPC3925) but if I check with Open Port Check Tool I get the message "Error: I could not see your service on [ip address] on port (8096). Reason: connection refused". In netstat the port appears to be ok (if I understand correctly):

tcp4       0      0  192.168.22.69.8096     192.168.22.69.59633    ESTABLISHED

tcp4       0      0  192.168.22.69.59633    192.168.22.69.8096     ESTABLISHED

The situation does not change if I change port, btw.

Second problem:

To see if the situation changes I installed the server on my other MacMini running Mountain Lion, which is placed in another location (with another IP address). Installation is ok and I can access locally the web interface on the IP of the machine (this time 192.168.22.69:8096).

However even in this case I cannot even forward the port in my router (FritzBox 7360)! The Fritz refuses with the error message that the requested forwarding is in contrast with an existing internal rule...

Any idea what kind of mess I made?

pavipollo

Thanks but as I already wrote "I obviously opened (forwarded) TCP port 8096 in my router (Cisco EPC3925)" and "I cannot even forward the port in my router (FritzBox 7360)! The Fritz refuses with the error message that the requested forwarding is in contrast with an existing internal rule..."

I'm certainly a noob, but not that noob....

That rule is probably the one we attempted to setup. What you could try is deleting that rule and then creating a new one, making sure its' on TCP

pavipollo

That's the odd part, there's no other rule! I have no other forwarding to port 8096... Moreover it says the same whatever other port number I choose.