Y'all are KILLING IT!

mellomade

mellomade

Just saw the experimental Live TV (channels and recordings) nodes in the latest revision! 

Playback from both worked well for me.  Is the channels using DLNA or going through the server?  I didn't notice any ffmpeg hit during playback so I wanted to ask. 

This is freaking great though.  Glad y'all are doing something with this. :)

• Like 3

MSattler

Just saw the experimental Live TV (channels and recordings) nodes in the latest revision! 

Playback from both worked well for me.  Is the channels using DLNA or going through the server?  I didn't notice any ffmpeg hit during playback so I wanted to ask. 

This is freaking great though.  Glad y'all are doing something with this. :)

@@Angelblue05  was this you??? =)

This is working well, and rpi2's appear to be able to use directplay without any issues.

Would it be possible to get channel number listings too?  Next to the Channel name?

ROCK ON! 

Edited by MSattler
  • Like 1

marcelveldt

The live TV support is experimental. It is not a native Kodi PVR addon so it will not integrate with the live tv section in Kodi.

Maybe some day I will look into creating a PVR addon for Emby but for now this is just a temporary solution to quickly access your recordings.

• Like 3

MSattler

The live TV support is experimental. It is not a native Kodi PVR addon so it will not integrate with the live tv section in Kodi.

Maybe some day I will look into creating a PVR addon for Emby but for now this is just a temporary solution to quickly access your recordings.

Fixed my Audio issues with fixing some Kodi settings.

Edited by MSattler

MSattler

thank you for adding it.  How much do I need to donate to get Kodi 17 support added?  For windows installs OpenElec now has Kodi 16RC1 out.  But for the Linux and rpi/rpi2 builds they stopped with nightly builds around 12/1.   All builds since are now Kodi 17 =(

mellomade

For windows installs OpenElec now has Kodi 16RC1 out.  But for the Linux and rpi/rpi2 builds they stopped with nightly builds around 12/1.   All builds since are now Kodi 17 =(

http://snapshots.openelec.tv/ has 16 beta 4 uploaded on 1/5/16.  You could use that for now. 

As far as I understand it - there is no support for Kodi builds that are pre RC (or beta - can't recall - but nightlies are certainly out) - because the Kodi devs still make changes to the db versioning and this messes with the Emby add-on.

Edited by mellomade
  • Like 1

xnappo

Kodi 17 support will be added.  Once it is at RC.  Why do people feel the need to live on the bleeding edge?  I still run my home theater on 14.2.

MSattler

Some feedback:

Emby Server Admin Panel shows my playback as Direct Play, however, I have ffmpeg processes starting so it does not appear to be reporting back to the Server correctly.

Bigger issue, if I play a channel, and then stop, the ffmpeg process does not appear to be killed off.  My server just alerted me for 6 ffmpeg processes running at the same time.

Thanks!

MSattler

Kodi 17 support will be added.  Once it is at RC.  Why do people feel the need to live on the bleeding edge?  I still run my home theater on 14.2.

Because, as we have talked about before many times, the best skin IMHO for Emby for Kodi has been Artic Zephyr which always called for a nightly build.  

The other issue you have is that you have tons of people using Rpi2.   Rpi2 users in most cases cannot use RC builds, for instance right now we cannot use RC1 for Kodi 16 because that requires using a nightly build, but all nightly builds are now at Kodi 17.   OpenElec typically will not put out RC builds until the last RC.

I understand that you yourself don't want to do it.  That's fine, what I am asking is if someone else wants to, and I'm willing to back that with a donation.

Edited by MSattler
  • Like 1

MSattler

http://snapshots.openelec.tv/ has 16 beta 4 uploaded on 1/5/16.  You could use that for now. 

As far as I understand it - there is no support for Kodi builds that are pre RC (or beta - can't recall - but nightlies are certainly out) - because the Kodi devs still make changes to the db versioning and this messes with the Emby add-on.

Sweet I can try that.   In the past I believe img or someone else has always added support for the newer versions.  

xnappo

To be clear - we add code as Kodi is in alpha/beta in anticipation of the RC.  We do not schedule this, and will not make any promises as to when it will be usable.  All we are 'promising' is it will be ready by the RC.  We are chasing their changes, we can't keep up with nightly builds - that is insane.

• Like 2

xnappo

Because, as we have talked about before many times, the best skin IMHO for Emby for Kodi has been Artic Zephyr which always called for a nightly build.  

You are constantly updating your skin and pi build.  Don't do that.  Get a config that works, and stick with it.

I am not saying I don't want to do it, I am saying if I do it today, it very well may break tomorrow - which will annoy you.  If you really want to chase nightlies, change the code yourself - it is not that hard.  I'll teach you to fish.

Find out what version on the DB your nightly is using, and add it to def getKodiVideoDBPath(): in the file plugin.video/emby/resources/lib/utils.py.  The DB is in your userdata/Database folder, you want the one with the highest number.  Repeat for def getKodiMusicDBPath():

Next,

Open kodidb_functions.py and find all occurrences of this:

if self.kodiversion in (15, 16):
            # Kodi Isengard, Jarvis

and change it to this:

if self.kodiversion in (15, 16, 17):
            # Kodi Isengard, Jarvis, Krypton

Finally, open itemtypes.py, replace all occurences of:

if kodiversion == 16:

with:

if kodiversion in (16, 17):

Except in one place.  Find the comment "# Process the album info" and use this code (different from 17 vs 16):

# Process the album info
        if kodiversion == 17:
            # Kodi Krypton
            query = ' '.join((

"UPDATE album",
                "SET strArtists = ?, iYear = ?, strGenres = ?, strReview = ?, strImage = ?,",
                    "iUserrating = ?, lastScraped = ?, strReleaseType = ?",
                "WHERE idAlbum = ?"
            ))
            kodicursor.execute(query, (artistname, year, genre, bio, thumb, rating, lastScraped,
                "album", albumid))
        elif kodiversion == 16:
            # Kodi Jarvis
            query = ' '.join((

"UPDATE album",
                "SET strArtists = ?, iYear = ?, strGenres = ?, strReview = ?, strImage = ?,",
                    "iRating = ?, lastScraped = ?, strReleaseType = ?",
                "WHERE idAlbum = ?"
            ))
            kodicursor.execute(query, (artistname, year, genre, bio, thumb, rating, lastScraped,
                "album", albumid))

As of this moment, with Kodi VideoDB at 103, and Music at 59, this is all you need to do.

Tomorrow, it may change to 104.  They may decide to rename a table or entry.  They may decide to totally redo the DB...

If you see this, you can report that something changed - but do not ask us for support.

Edited by xnappo
  • Like 7