Openelec Emby app resume

screwfaze

screwfaze

Hi,

Thanks for this amazing software. I have looked through the forum but not yet found the answer to this every time I resume a previously watched movie from the Emby app iOS or android the movie starts from the beginning. If I use the kodi remote though it resumes just fine. Please let me know which logs to upload.

Thanks,

Alex

Angelblue05

@@screwfaze

Hey there, sorry I didn't reply sooner. I'm seeing the problem in your log. I believe this is already resolved in beta (I've just tested it myself and it works as supposed). You can wait until we push beta to stable in a week (or sooner, depending on how things go). Otherwise you can install beta right now. http://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/19739-emby-for-kodi-beta/?p=192050

If you do, you'll need to reset your local kodi database via launching the emby add-on.

screwfaze

Hi,

Thanks for help have tested and works, but not for all films. I'll upload logs probably just the film that is causing it but thanks.

Regards,

Al

Edited by screwfaze

screwfaze

Hi,

I have been using this beta for a while and can confirm that resume from the app only works once in a while but mostly always starts from the beginning.

Thanks,

Al

Angelblue05

I will be able to help once my computer is back up and running, which should hopefully be tomorrow. I'll have a look then, :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Angelblue05

@@screwfaze

Can you give me the title you tried to resume in your previous log? I don't have a problem with resuming at all on my side (from iphone to webclient to kodi, it all works). However, you seem to have had a lot of updates going on in your log, so maybe the update for the playstate playback position wasn't applied yet when you tried to resume via kodi. Let me know

screwfaze

Hi,

Just tried to resume DC's Legends of tomorrow E1 - Pilot 1 and All of us S2,E20 Holywood Swinging new log attached.

Thanks,

Al

Angelblue05

I really can't reproduce this. I select my Kodi fire tv in the webclient, send an item to resume in Kodi and it starts at the correct position...  :(  I see that it's starting from the beginning in your logs. Can you try this build? I've added additional logging to see why it's not working for you. Post a new log, capturing trying to resume again. 

Angelblue05

@@screwfaze

I don't see the new logging I've added to the version. It's ok, here's an updated version to install over the current  beta version 2.0.1.

Install from zip, then restart Kodi. That's all you need to do to load the test version.

Edited by Angelblue05

screwfaze

Hi,

I tried installing the version you provided but just got a script error so installed the latest beta from repository. Still not resuming on openelec log attached must be something I am not doing right.

Thanks,

Al

Angelblue05

@@screwfaze

Give this build a try and confirm that resuming is fixed for you. Don't forget to restart Kodi after installing. Thanks and sorry that it took so long to resolve. It's really hard to troubleshoot when I couldn't reproduce it. It was a timing issue. :)

Edited by Angelblue05

screwfaze

Thanks mate it works! Can't thank you enough really appreciate the effort. Great support here at Emby.

Thanks,

Al

• Like 2