No recordings overnight and stall on adding new series

AZRichG

AZRichG

Here's an odd one- I had 3 programs set to record tonight. The first one was an hour long, the next two were 30 minutes. After the first one was recorded I watched it on my AppleTV via Airplay streaming from my iPad (VLC found the file but didn't have sound when it played).

The first, hour long recording played fine. When it was done we wanted to watch one of the 30 minute ones. The file was only 9 minutes long. It also had an audio voice over that was for sight impaired people. The last recording was only 2 minutes.

I think everything I'm using is the latest version Emby-wise. I'll attach a server log that shows a time of 9:22. The shows were on at 7, 8 and 8:30 tonight. There are several transcode logs all after 9 and only a couple minutes apart, if they are needed I can attach them too.

There wasn't anything else using the HDHR Prime during this time. 

Any ideas on what happened are appreciated! 

Rich

Log.txt.zip

AZRichG

After having some issues with short recordings I have a new issue. Last night nothing was recorded as scheduled.

When I went to look on the 'scheduled' page they were all there ready to go, but this morning they were not recorded. There were also two notifications waiting for me that the guide didn't load. I'm guessing that wouldn't have an impact on last nights schedule as that part of the guide was there already?

I thought it might be best to erase all my scheduled stuff and try adding them back in. The first one I added back was 'The Late Show' where I selected each day of the week, selected only new episodes and 'anytime' for recording parameters in the series. When I was finished and hit the 'record' bar and got the circling colors to show something was happening, but nothing else happened. When I checked back several minutes later nothing was scheduled. 

Weird behavior, and I haven't changed anything recently that I remember. 

I tried a restart of the server, then added the series- same result. Anything else I can try? Is a re-install worth trying? The server works fine from my iPad when playing back recordings, the guide shows fine when I pull it up. Programs play fine on webpages when they are on. 

Rich

Wontrecordlog.txt

AZRichG

For grins I added a new user to my system and set up Emby, scheduling series worked properly (no hang on hitting record). I thought this might be a good test that didn't take long.

Of the 5 shows recorded last night only one was full length. Three others were short and one had nothing recorded but showed up as a recording. 

Any ideas on what to check next?

Rich

AZRichG

More poking around- Emby does play a live channel fine for me, but if I try to record a folder gets created for a new series (if it hasn't already been created) but nothing populates it. I tried changing the folder that it records to in case that matters, that didn't work. No tuners turn on, but Emby acts as if it's working.

AZRichG

Luke- is there a way to do a complete uninstall / re-install? I have the new server running and am still having issues, just tried adding a series. I know no-one said that was fixe in the latest build, but I'm still keen to try a complete uninstall and start over just for grins. It worked okay when I booted off another drive and installed fresh there so that's why I'm asking.

Thanx again,

Rich

AZRichG

I'm starting to think there's an issue with my new iMac, and it might be responsible for my Emby issues.

To test this theory I installed Emby on another iMac in the house, set it to record several shows overnight and it appears to have worked. 

I first started noticing issues on the new iMac when the CPU load was high, it would go to sleep. Apple says that's a self-protection device built into the OS. They're suspicious of Folding@@Home being the culprit but I disabled it and still got the computer to sleep while playing a game that stressed the computer.

So I apologize for the red-herring if that's what it turns out to be!

Rich

• Like 1