BUG: watched movies disappear from LATEST view

Marc Morisse

Marc Morisse

Issue description:

When sorting any movie library by LATEST, Movies already watched are not shown.

Steps to reproduce:

- sort movies by LATEST

- flag one of the latest to watched (B button on remote)

- go out then in again

- movie that you just flagged as watched does not appear in LATEST view

My TV/HTS/BD Player model number:

SAMSUNG UE55ES7000 + EVOLUTION KIT SEK-2000

My firmware version:

Other TVs etc. the issue has been reproduced on: don't know, but I guess any

My Emby server version:

My current Emby Samsung client version:

Other Emby Samsung versions the issue can be reproduced in: 1.0.6

Supporting information to include logs and pictures where applicable: none

• Like 1

Hi Marc,

Thanks for getting in touch.

I've checked the code and you are correct. When the Latest Movies page is generated the isPlayed=false flag is used in the request.

This behaviour is not consistent with the web client so I will change it in the next release.

Marc Morisse

Thanks, indeed, this is different from the Web client. BTW, the reason for this report was simple:

- I have thousands of movies in my collection

- LATEST is the most convenient to browse quickly what is there.

- Other views require to know the name of the movie, since there is no "sort by" option like the Web client.

If you do improve this, it would also be nice to have a "sort by" option in the Samsung version, same as the other clients

DrWatson

cmcg 

I know there are already a lot of options for this client but I for one do not want to see watched items in latest and I am sure there are a few more people that agree with me - if you are going to implement this please make it optional.

I just checked my latest movies (in suggestions) in the web client and there are no watched movies there.

Edited by DrWatson
  • Like 2

FrostByte

It doesn't really need to be an option, what it should do is honor the user's settings on the server.  I prefer not to see already seen movies in latest myself, but can see both points of view

56a0f5ad54b84_latest.png

• Like 2

DrWatson

Ah that is why I don't see them - nice one frosty. Yes that would be the perfect way to do it.

Edited by DrWatson

Well, not "perfect" since that setting is referring specifically to the Latest Media view. But since we don't implement that exact view I think we might honour the spirit of that setting on the Latest Movies page.

• Like 2

FrostByte

I think it also effects "Latest Movies" on the webclient.  I know I don't see already seen movies in that view as well as "Latest Media" just like the others. 

Edit: I've been known to be wrong before though :)

Edited by FrostByte

True, but in this isolated case you seem to be spot on :)

I've just tested it and it does indeed effect Latest Movies. I'll try to get that into the Samsung client. Just need to work out the API call.

• Like 1

chessdragon136

@@cmcg I'm happy to pick this up if you haven't started on it - Will likely add it to the server settings page of the app so it can be changed from within. 

• Like 1

That's ok Chess. I've done it. I'll release a small 2.0.7 with a couple of fixes and then we can start to pull 2.1.0a together.

• Like 2

CBers

I think it also effects "Latest Movies" on the webclient. I know I don't see already seen movies in that view as well as "Latest Media" just like the others.

This is what I posted about last week, then deleted when you said I was wrong, which I accepted ;)

Glad to see someone was more eloquent than me.

• Like 1

FrostByte

I never said you were wrong, you asked if any one was seeing the same thing and I said no  ;)

Edited by FrostByte
  • Like 1

This setting has been added to the Samsung client Server Settings page and will appear in the upcoming version 2.1.0.

• Like 1