Not having any luck with live tv

mylle

Hi,

Nothing happens if i try to play a live tv channel. Recordings does not work either. Ampdroid works so i dont think MPextended is the problem. Also chosing a specific channel group has no effect when opening it in emby client.

Please help

regards

Jacob

Edited by mylle

pünktchen

Did Emby server update last night?

I'll upload a new plugin version in the evening. Thanks for your patience!

Probably. I have mine set to DEV and to update whenever a new version is availible :) Maybe this is not such a good idea?

Thanks for your help. Looking forward to the new version

The new version of the plugin installed for me this morning. All working well apart from the video seems very interlaced. I'll double check my settings and start a new thread if I can't fix.

@@mylle, the dev ones are ok but if you're new to it all or trying to troubleshoot issues, I prefer releases rather than the dev. As above, I have the latest release of Emby Server and the MP Plugin and all's well.

Restart the server again. I had that after the first plugin restart request,  another server restart and it was ok. 

Edited by jds828

The xxxx.duckdns.org is my external dns i removed my real dns and replaced it with xxxxx

I have tried from both my nexus 5x android phone and from the emby webbrowser. both from inside my network and from outside.

Logs attached

server-63588998383.txt

pünktchen

Your Emby server is on 192.168.100.1 and MPExtended is on 192.168.100.50?

Is anything from the plugin working for you, i mean guide, recordings and timers?

What about the live tv status page in Emby dashboard? Does it connect?

There are really really lots of connection errors to 192.168.100.50 in you log!

Please provide some more info about your environment (settings, network, not cpu).

pünktchen

Everything is on 192.168.100.50 is my emby, mediaportal server. 192.168.100.1 is m y router

Ah okay. It's really not easy to understand Emby's logs. What about my other questions?

Without me doing anything the scenario has changed a little bit. Live tv and recordings still does not work but it seems like its getting further in the process. Now the error is "playback error, there was an error processing the request. please try agin later"

Everything else is working fine. channels are loading. EPG is working. recording thumbnails is working.

Its a 2012R2 server wit 32gb ram and a core I7 hashwell cpu. Its running mediaportal, emby, mpextended. 

What else do you need to know?

Attached latest logs. Thansk for all your help :)

/Jacob

server-63589104000.txt

pünktchen

With your problems sometimes it connects, sometimes not and your strange problem in the MPExtended thread - i would think about a reinstall of Windows...

I can't look at your log right now, so how did you test playback? LAN or WAN?

Please test only in LAN first, preferably in Chrome Browser.

I dont think there is anything wrong with my setup when both mediaportal, mpextended and ampdroid works fine.

I just testet with chrome both on the lan ip and the external dns address and that works now :)

Now we are down to it only being the android phone that is not working. 

Regards

Jacob

pünktchen

That's what i mean: first nothing was working, than some features, now it's playing in browsers, tomorrow in Android! But i have nothing done to the plugin. Two days later it will be broken again for you, because something really strange happens on your server.

OK. Got it working on android with "force transcoding of  streams". Is that how its should be?

Where is that option?

pünktchen

OK. Got it working on android with "force transcoding of streams". Is that how its should be?

Not really. In LAN it would mean the Emby app reports it can direct play a live tv stream, but it's not true.

Via WAN i don't know. @@Luke is the Emby server smart enough to recognize the requesting client is on an other network and so direct play will always fail no matter of the bandwidth. It should direct stream instead.