A Thank You and some questions

Brendon

Brendon

Firstly i would like to say thak you to all involved in the development of such i fine piece of software, i have used MB for a loooong time now and it makes managing/viewing a 27TB of media server so much easier :)  The kids love it and everyone who has ever seen my HTPC set-up wants one built.

So 2 nights ago i realised i was behind the 8-ball MB3 was here, yay! (and again an awesome job guys, having the main client on the server has taken loads of stress of the kids laptops, they were really feeling the pain of MB2 and a massive collection, though the HTPC and main control PC never had much more then the occasional stutter when scanning libraries)

Anyways i did all the reading as usual, donated to suport the project and installed MB3 to the server, decided to give MBT a bash and WOW, just WOW! both MBT and MBC are so much faster, however i decided to run with MBT even though it's early days and i fully expect issues here and there, so after 24hrs of playing and reading these forums i have a few questions if i may :P

1. (and the one i honestly have waited for since i first started using MB) is there going to be .flac music support? (ie full tag support, not just capable of playing) i have a passionate hatred for .mp3 lol

2. I know Live TV is coming, will it work globally? (i ask as a lot seem to be regional, even live tv on xbox one isn't working in australia until next year)

3. Box Sets, they are doing my head in lol

- under MB2 my hierarchy is as follows.....

/SERVER/Film Archive #1/HD/ {Movies and Box Sets Here}

- box sets all have a collection.xml and folder.jpg with sub-folders containg each movie and relevant files, MB2 and MBC sees the boxsets fine and shows them as such, however MBT does not, it shows the single movies only (strangely it does detect the box sets in the new meta-browser), the only way i have been able to manage it is using the old shortcut method, requiring me to make another folder with boxset name and folder.jpg, then adding a shortcut inside to each movie, from there creating a box set collection, is that WAI? It seems a long-winded process for such an intelligent program, should it not just read the collection.xml and display it as a box set or even better, display the movies individually but create another navigation tab for box sets adding in anything with a collection.xml file.

Cheers and keep up the great work!

PS .flac needs love too :wub:

• Like 1

Brendon

Thanks ebr, i had seen that post but it wasn't quite what i meant, if i understand correctly that will still generate shortcuts allbeit automatically. At the moment i can see box sets in movies without the need for shortcuts in both MB2 and MBC, MBT seems to have done away with the ability, no biggie i can work around it, however i might do a few few screenies of what i am suggestiing and post it in the suggestions area, there's probably good reason it's not working that way or can't be done but hey if i don't ask, i don't know :)