Emby 64 bit process.

Sammy

A couple of questions come to mind on this switch..

Wow much of a performance increase is being gained by making this switch?

What processes are getting the biggest bump from this (Transcoding? Library scans? Anything else?)? 

Is this increase in performance worth the loss of iso mounting for playback on devices such as the Roku? I have a few titles, basically 3D's, that are in iso and now I won't be able to transcode and stream them at all to Roku's. Is Pismo FileMount going to work for these devices with Emby 64 bit anytime soon?

It increases flexibility by being able to support multiple architectures. It also helps pave the way for future ARM support for windows since we're no longer locked into x86. I am sorry about Pismo. In order to bring it back we have to rebuild it from the beginning because the developer sent me a new version several months ago and indicated there were some significant changes. I would very much like to do it but i can't say when exactly it will happen.

I see. It isn't just about speed performance but rather about broader compatibility, which is a different sort of performance. 

Thank you for the quick reply. This is not as big a deal as it seems as typically these 3D iso's are prefered to be watched on the main screen which runs through WMC / EMC whereupon it loads TMT5 for playback. This effects less then 5% of my library, probably less than 2% of it so it isn't a big deal.

A better player that can handle MVC mkv's with remote control is what is needed!

Shark007 has some set up with MPC-BE and his codecs that apparently will do this. I asked about it on avsforums.com and the only response I got was from Shark himself. I sorta want a little more unbiased input before making a change that effects playback.