Not playing on HTPC looking at a Raspbery Pi2

MaximAvs

MaximAvs

Not entirely sure where this is best placed, so I'll start here.

I have Emby Server up and running on a Raspberry Pi 2 (YEAH!!!). The Raspberry Pi is reading a drive on a HOME SERVER that contains all my media. Seems to be working great.

Then I have a HTPC running in my theater with Emby for WMC running and looking at the RPi. The library comes up fine, and all the artwork displays beautifully. But when I select a movie, and hit PLAY, nothing happens. It acts like it wants to start, I get a progress bar showing length of movie and the thumbnail, but nothing ever plays. I get no error or anything, just a blank dark screen.

The movies play fine in straight WMC without using EMBY, so I'm not sure where it's falling apart.

Any ideas welcome! And if this should be in a different area, let me know.

Thank You

Sean

Edited by MaximAvs

The EMC log would be a start but I'll guess it is an access issue of some sort between the HTPC and the library relating possibly to how you defined the library on the server (Pi).

MaximAvs

On a side note... I get the same result from the APP on the iPad/iPhone. And not sure if it makes a difference, but I have not ran any FFMPEG on the pi.

I would like to thank everyone in the thread at http://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/27026-raspberry-pi/?p=286830 

It might be helpful to collect the procedure for Emby and Raspberry Pi into one location.

Thank you

Edited by MaximAvs