Gamebrowser

Walter

shaefurr

I'll give GB an install tomorrow and see if I can get it working, will post back after.

shaefurr

They added them in on of the latest releases. https://github.com/MediaBrowser/Emby.Plugins/pull/115. My problem before was they were detected as folders. Now the plug-in sees them as games but for some reason the new theater won't launch it and the old theater has no play button. I wish there was a way to see what was being sent to the emulator so I could at least troubleshoot it. The logs of both server and theater provide no info so I am just flying blind right now hoping someone else can help. 

for cemu try this command. I haven't had time to setup gamebrowser, but Cemu games launch from steam using --rom %r (%r being the same as {path} for emby)

--rom {path}

Let me know if it works.

Edited by shaefurr

shaefurr

For anyone curious about any command line arguments for an emulator, this was copied from the gamebrowser tutorial here on the forum. If you have an issue with any, or have an emulator not on the list please mention it and ill get it fixed and updated. Thanks.

Emulator Command Line Arguments

EMBY CLASSIC USAGE

Atari              > Stella                        > "{rom}"
Nintendo 64        > Project64 v1.6 or earlier     > {rom}
                   > Project64 v1.7 or newer       > "{rom}"
Nintendo DS        > DeSmuME                       > "{rom}"
Nintendo Gamecube  > Dolphin                       > --execute="{rom}"
Nintendo GBA       > VisualBoyAdvance              > "{rom}"
Nintendo NES       > VirtuaNES                     > "{rom}"
                   > NEStopia                      > "{rom}"
Nintendo SNES      > ZSNES                         > -m "{rom}"
                   > snes9x                        > "{rom}"
Nintendo Wii       > Dolphin                       > --execute="{rom}"
Sega Genesis       > Fusion                        > -fullscreen "{rom}"
Sega Dreamcast     > NullDC                        > -config ImageReader:DefaultImage="{rom}"
Sega Saturn        > Yabause                       > -a -f -i "{rom}
Sony PS1           > ePSXe                         > -nogui -loadbin "{rom}"
Sony PS2           > PCSX2                         > --nogui --fullscreen "{rom}"
Sony PSP           > PPSSPP                        > "{rom}"
EMBY THEATER USAGE

Atari              > Stella                        > {PATH}
Nintendo 64        > Project64                     > [PATH]
Nintendo DS        > DeSmuME                       > {PATH}
Nintendo Gamecube  > Dolphin                       > --execute={PATH}
Nintendo GBA       > VisualBoyAdvance              > {PATH}
Nintendo NES       > VirtuaNES                     > {PATH}
                   > NEStopia                      > {PATH}
Nintendo SNES      > ZSNES                         > -m {PATH}
                   > snes9x                        > {PATH}
Nintendo Wii       > Dolphin                       > --execute={PATH}
Nintendo Wii U     > Cemu                          > --rom {PATH}
Sega Genesis       > Fusion                        > -fullscreen {PATH}
Sega Dreamcast     > NullDC                        > -config ImageReader:DefaultImage={PATH}
Sega Saturn        > Yabause                       > -a -f -i {PATH}
Sony PS1           > ePSXe                         > -nogui -loadbin {PATH}
Sony PS2           > PCSX2                         > --nogui --fullscreen {PATH}
Sony PSP           > PPSSPP                        > {PATH}

With ePSXE if you get an error "PSX Bios not found", use this switch to specify the location of the bios, just change the path to where your bios is located.

EMBY CLASSIC USAGE

Sony PS1         > ePSXe bios error          > -nogui -bios "C:\Program Files\ePSXe 1.8\bios\scph1001.bin" -loadbin "{rom}"

EMBY THEATER USAGE

Sony PS1         > ePSXe bios error          > -nogui -bios "C:\Program Files\ePSXe 1.8\bios\scph1001.bin" -loadbin {PATH}

Walter

Sorry didn't work. I tried all combinations, with space. without, all on one line, one separate lines. Thanks for that huge list of command lines, that will help so much with all my other emulators. Must be something with emby server i'm guessing because the old theater doesn't even have a play button to launch the game.

shaefurr

Sorry didn't work. I tried all combinations, with space. without, all on one line, one separate lines. Thanks for that huge list of command lines, that will help so much with all my other emulators. Must be something with emby server i'm guessing because the old theater doesn't even have a play button to launch the game.

It must be, either on the server side or with the gb plugin. I just added a few game systems and I have the same issue. Only issue is with Cemu, No play button in the legacy version. Newer version just a spinning circle, it doesn't even try to open the emulator at all. So I doubt its a problem with the command line args.

Turned on debug logging as well for Theater and there's nothing there.

Edited by shaefurr

• 2 weeks later...
ChrisSHouston

The old Gamebrowser plugin had an option for an "exit" button (referred to as "QuitKey" in the XML file). It was a great feature, as it avoided the need to fiddle with on-screen menus via keyboard on a 10' interface. not to mention that certain emulators don't close gracefully via Alt-F4. Any plans to bring back the "QuitKey" option?

yea we have to add a global key hook for that, which i've just done, but for now it won't be used as i had to remove all stopping of external players for this

http://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/31284-external-player-support/page-18&do=findComment&comment=355778

I'll go back into it another day and see if we can get it enabled.

• 2 weeks later...

Any idea when the windows games will be implemented?

This is one of the things I"m still waiting for.

I understand it has already been coded, so what"s holding it back?

• 3 weeks later...

I know i said i had be patient, but i'm not :P

Any news on this yet?

(gamebrowser for windos games in ET)

Edited by Ernst

crazybbs

I'm sorry ,

luke seems to be really busy,

@@Luke Do you have an idea when you'll have the time to review my pull request?

Edited by crazybbs
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

A fix has been pushed for the issue of gamepad input controlling Emby Theater even when the app is minimized. This will help with external players for games. Enjoy.

I still have an issue with xbox 360 controller that I play a game on emulator and it still mess with ET. Also, when using the controller in ET, you have to hit the D pad very fast for it to move one selection otherwise it just skips few selection. Kinda like you holding down the arrow button.

buddyweiser

I still have an issue with xbox 360 controller that I play a game on emulator and it still mess with ET. Also, when using the controller in ET, you have to hit the D pad very fast for it to move one selection otherwise it just skips few selection. Kinda like you holding down the arrow button.

Do you happen to use xpadder in conjunction with ET?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Do you happen to use xpadder in conjunction with ET?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

I do not. I do have scptoolkit  for my ps3 dualshock. Would that interfere with it? I have not yet tried it either.

frankmomma

I am currently trying to set up my emulators with Emby Theater, I can see all my games and they have a play button, but i get an endless loading wheel when i press play. It doesnt matter which game system i run, i have the same issue with them all.

Please help!!

I am currently trying to set up my emulators with Emby Theater, I can see all my games and they have a play button, but i get an endless loading wheel when i press play. It doesnt matter which game system i run, i have the same issue with them all.

Please help!!

I'll look at adding better error reporting.

• Like 1

Please help!!

I could try to help, what Emulator are you trying to work on? Did you set command line argument {path} ?

okay, I was focusing on just NES and the emulator works just fine. I pretty much got it all cleaned up and scraping is still a little buggy but works once I identify each one that is missing. The GamesDB ID does not work at all. It pulls up but won't bring the images or metadata into the server. If I look for the name, it works.

As for the emulator, only nestopia works. I went to start working on SNES and Sega Genesis, nothing. Just a loading ring. I tried to look into the log, it doesn't show anything on both the server and ET. Is there a log file for just the Game browser that I may be missing?

Well how do you define working or not? Emby Theater's only job is to launch the executable of the emulator, and it assumes you've researched the required command line params for the emulator you are using. Once it launches the emulator, it's out of it's control in regards to whether it runs or not.

• 2 weeks later...

okay, I was focusing on just NES and the emulator works just fine. I pretty much got it all cleaned up and scraping is still a little buggy but works once I identify each one that is missing. The GamesDB ID does not work at all. It pulls up but won't bring the images or metadata into the server. If I look for the name, it works.

As for the emulator, only nestopia works. I went to start working on SNES and Sega Genesis, nothing. Just a loading ring. I tried to look into the log, it doesn't show anything on both the server and ET. Is there a log file for just the Game browser that I may be missing?

Okay, I had NES all finished with artwork and metadata. It took me several hours to complete it manually since the scraping from TGDB doesn't work very well and accurate.  All of that has disappeared after the last server update. Not sure how. Just very disappointed how it got all lost.

Is there away that these artwork and metadata to be saved as nfo files that this could not happen again?

Also, any chance someone able to see the issue why the external players not working on the different platforms other than just NES?

Thank you.