Change password for Admin

Talleyfamily7

Talleyfamily7

I am trying to change the password for my main user--which I am assuming is my admin user since it was created as a default.  Every time I try to save the new password, the working "circle" starts spinning, but never finishes.  When I sign out and sign back in, I am not asked to input the new password.  My main goal is to have a different password for the admin user so when my family logs in to use emby, they have to use their own "users" and thus have access controlled by me.

Talleyfamily7

Hope this helps us figure this out.  Basically, I just want a way to 1) keep my admin user info and privileges private to me 2) assign a user name for my minor children to use on both their computers and their mobile phones, and 3) invite guest users (for my adult children to use from their own homes) to view the home videos I have loaded to our home server.  

Since I tried logging in this morning using the passwords created yesterday and then also tried changing passwords again I attached yesterday's final server logs and the ones from this morning.  

I have two Emby Connect accounts.  The first is my original account which is connected to my server.  The second is one I set up to test inviting guest users.  I am having trouble changing the password for the guest user.  I changed it both yesterday and today from within its own Emby Connect account and tried logging in using the Emby App on my iPad and I keep getting an incorrect password message.

Similarly, I also have a local user account set up for use by my minor children--though none of them are currently actively using it.  Both yesterday and today I changed the actual password from within my server, though that doesn't seem to update all the way through to the user interface because I cannot login using the new password, only using the PIN.  The PIN works fine from both the OS X on the Mac and from the iOS app on my iPad, but when I try to login using the assigned password both the OS X version on the Mac and the iOS version on my iPad give me the error message "incorrect user name or password."

I am also curious as to how to password protect my admin user so that it cannot be accessed on my iPad or iPhone without entering the password.  Both the apps on these mobile devices connect automatically, which I don't think I want.  I would probably only connect using the local or guest user so that the server isn't readily accessible to users on these devices (since sometimes my kids use them).

Perhaps I am going about this the wrong way -- if so, I appreciate any advice.  

Thanks for your help.  I am a new user to Emby (a convert after a bad experience with Plex).

Server Logs 1.19.16.pdf

Server Logs 1.20.16.pdf

Server Logs 1.20.16.b.pdf

Ok, Emby Connect accounts do not manage their passwords locally on your server. To change a password you need to do it from the emby website using the forum's password reset process.

Local user accounts do manage their passwords within your Emby Server. I would try resetting them which will remove the password, then change them again and see if you still have an issue. Thanks.