Audio transcoding to Dolby doesn't work, output is just ACC although "Enable AAC Transcoding to Dolby" is set true

vdatanet

vdatanet

Decoder Panasonic sa-ht07 5.1 AAC input gets a stero PCM output.

Thanks

Edited by vdatanet
  • Like 1

vdatanet

What about not transcoding audio if supported? For example, when bandwidth is limited, plex transcodes video but audio not.

An option "Don't transcode audio if supported" would be nice.

Edited by vdatanet

chessdragon136

What about not transcoding audio if supported? For example, when bandwidth is limited, plex transcodes video but audio not.

An option "Don't transcode audio if supported" would be nice.

Generally this isn't done as it can cause sync issues, 

CBers

Emby is still transcoding my DTS audio to AC3 in the Win10 app, and thought it was mentioned the Roku app also transcodes to AC3

I always thought AC3 was transcoded to AAC.

FrostByte

Yes, the app converts everything to AAC expect in the case if original input is AAC you can tell it to convert it to AC3

Edited by FrostByte

• 3 weeks later...
CBers

Perfect!

Now AC3 is transcoded to AC3 instead of AAC

Thanks!

Under what circumstances ??

My Samsung TV is capable of direct playing AC3, so I'm a little confused.

vdatanet

Under what circumstances ??

My Samsung TV is capable of direct playing AC3, so I'm a little confused.

Hi,

My bandwidth is limited to 10 Mbps, so when I access to remote server, I need to transcode the movie to lower bitrate. In previous versions, AC3 audio was transcoded to AAC, now AC3 audio is transcoded to AC3. My receiver can't decode multichannel AAC, only AC3. So this change is very good for me.

Thanks

Edited by vdatanet
  • Like 1

FrostByte

@CBers To put it simply the change just makes it so your default transcoding codec can now be AC3 instead of AAC if you have both the settings below set to True.  As it was before the only time the code behind the second setting executed was if the original file was AAC.  In all other cases the app used to transcode to AAC and ignore that second setting 

This may be good news for you if you still have that sound bar which doesn't play DTS.  You can now transcode DTS to AC3 if you wish 

Your AC3 files should be fine though, mine play without transcoding

Enable Dolby Digital Playback: true​

Enable AAC Transcoding to Dolby: true

Edited by FrostByte
  • Like 1

CBers

Thanks Frosty :)

I don't want any transcoding.

Still don't know why the TV doesn't switch to Dolby when it receives AAC audio like it does for AC3.

FrostByte

I don't want any transcoding.

Agree, I don't have anything that needs transcoding with my receiver, but have mine set to True now because I prefer AC3 over AAC if it ever does have to transcode and I don't encode anything with AAC either so I don't have to worry about that.

Would have preferred cmcg and chessdragon136 left that option the way it was and just added another option like "Default transcoding codec" with options "AAC" or "Dolby".  That way it would have solved both vdatanet's problem and allowed others who want our default transcoding codec to be Dolby without transcoding AAC to Dolby also if not needed.

Edited by FrostByte
  • Like 1