Damstas

sbarmen

I have done this, and it works better. I am having issues with getting subtitles to work in a stable fashion though. If I enable emby direct playback I usually get subtitles, but I have to bump up the stream-delay (like to 10000). Streaming seems to work much more stable if I disable emby direct playback. Sometimes when it is enabled I get stops and long delays. Disabling emby direct playback gives much better streaming quality and it seems more robust, no subtitles though.

I am now playing with some different settings and versions of emby (beta, dev etc) to see if I can find a good config.

pünktchen

I have done this, and it works better. I am having issues with getting subtitles to work in a stable fashion though. If I enable emby direct playback I usually get subtitles, but I have to bump up the stream-delay (like to 10000). Streaming seems to work much more stable if I disable emby direct playback. Sometimes when it is enabled I get stops and long delays. Disabling emby direct playback gives much better streaming quality and it seems more robust, no subtitles though.

I am now playing with some different settings and versions of emby (beta, dev etc) to see if I can find a good config.

When you are only using a browser, it's best to disable the "direct play" option because the stream gets transcoded anyway in most cases and the stream will always be transcoded, no matter what client, if you enable subtitles.

If you get no subtitles with disabled "direct play" option, you should ask @@Luke to analyze your logs, because in this situation Emby alone is responsible for recognizing subtitles and all other media infos.

The plugin itself will not deliver any media info with "direct play" option disabled!

Keep in my mind your live tv streams are only analyzed at playback start. So if commercials are running at playback start and your movie with subtitles starts ten minutes later, you will get no subtitles at all.

sbarmen

What does the check box "Enable Emby Direct Playback" mean? 

I now turned it off. Tuned C More with a movie called mr. Turner. Works fine but no subtitles. Stops the stream, starts recording of the show. Stops the recording after seven minutes and playback from recordings library, now subtitles work. I try to change from swedish to norwegian, then the stream stops, but after stopping the playback and starting it changes to norwegian and plays fine. Strange that the change of subtitle is a problem. 

The original TS file recording can be seen here: http://gofile.me/21RVw/AKMQF86jJv (378MB file, HD recording of 7 minutes).

Logs attached. @@Luke (how do I tag Luke?)

server-log-debug.txt

pünktchen

Enable direct playback only means that the plugin delivers media info (codecs, audio channels...) about the stream to Emby. Depending on this, your network speed and the playback capabilities of the client, Emby decides to transcode or not. With this option disabled, Emby asumes the stream has to be transcoded and Emby itself is responsible to probe the stream for media infos.

sbarmen

OK I see. So in any case with this option on or off CC should be working. Understand :) thanks! 

So then the direct setting with no subtitles should be an interesting thing to look at. It seems however that the timeout setting under direct playback is important. These channels are encoded and the TV server uses a second or two to decode before the stream starts. Maybe this is the issue when disabling the direct playback option. Maybe Emby does not wait long enough for the stream to start. If I enable direct playback and leaves the delay at the default 1500ms then I sometimes also does not get CC. If I increase to say 5000 I almost always get CC. Not sure if this is related to the reason why disabling direct play never produces subtitles. Might be since the recordings work fine... is there a way to increase this timeout without enabling direct play? 

pünktchen

... is there a way to increase this timeout without enabling direct play? 

Not yet.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...