last.fm addon gone?

Guest petwri

• 2 months later...
WilhelmStroker

Last.fm scrobbling is probably the only functionality that is holding me back from moving to Emby full time. Sadly I'm not a developer otherwise I'd have a go...Is there a way to test the oauth enabled plugin?

• 2 weeks later...
WilhelmStroker

PM'ed him but sadly no response. I've also tried building the dll from his GitHub in visual studio community. It authenticates but doesn't scrobble and sadly that's as far as I can take this, not being a developer at all.

• 2 months later...
Tutanchamon

Actually I'm a java developer and I'm not very familiar with C# but I think I might try to resurrect this plugin. However, when I put the Lastfm-Scrobbler.dll into my plugins folder I don't see it anywhere despite the fact that it's mentioned in my log files. Any help would be appreciated.

Tutanchamon

Thanks for quick reply, Luke. I've seen that info somewhere else while reading about developing plugins. So which repo should I use and which has the most recent code updates? Is https://github.com/MrSmoke/Lastfm-Scrobbler the right one? Also, do I have to use Visual Studio or are there any free IDEs in which I could try to fix the plugin?

Thanks in advance and best regards

Tutanchamon

wayneward

yes be nice to see this working again.. it was working last time i used emby but now im on Version 3.2.50.0 it doesnt seem to take the configuration..

ive just reset it back up today on ubuntu 17.04 as they released emby client finally for my web os TV!! 

any updates on the dll appreciated  

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
Tutanchamon

I started to play with this plugin and now I can see it in plugins list. Also I made the configuration page visible again. However after that I got some errors, probably from last.fm API. Is there a way I can debug the plugin so I can see what requests are sent to last.fm API? From what I've understood recommended way is to print things to the log, which seems weird to me.

Is there a way I can debug the plugin so I can see what requests are sent to last.fm API? From what I've understood recommended way is to print things to the log, which seems weird to me.

Yes.  Just attach the VS debugger to the server process.

• 4 months later...