last.fm addon gone?

Guest petwri

MrSmoke

Sorry guys! I didn't know it stopped working and that Last.fm updated their apis (they are the worst api's just fyi)

I'll fix her up and get that baby running

• Like 3

Sorry guys! I didn't know it stopped working and that Last.fm updated their apis (they are the worst api's just fyi)

I'll fix her up and get that baby running

Welcome back :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Randomacts

hey mr smoke any updates on the last.fm plugin :)

be nice to get this installed and running :)

He must be busy or something, hopefully he gets around to fixing it up.. I would love to be able to have my music scrobbled over to last.fm 

• Like 1

wayneward

it as looking promising but its gone quiet now

hope we get it soon ive a ace blog in draft ready to go big just need to add the last.fm support to prove that this is the best media solution avaialable

the blog is a very big comparison to another media server, very interesting reading!! 

please give us last.fm support!!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
psyoma

Hi there. I just want to throw my support behind this request. Last.fm is very important for me. Would love to know if there is an update or if it's been abandoned. 

MrSmoke said he was going to take a look at it so we'll see what he comes up with. Maybe one of you guys can try nudging him with a PM.

wayneward

Ill try, i think he nearly had it sorted 

Ive given up hope now :( i love my emby just need to get it scrobbling again with music so i can use the music side instead on clementine ! :(

• 3 weeks later...
wayneward

still no news folks

does anybody know were we could get this sorted and all club in maybe

i dont mind paying say £5 any body else

we could find a coder on line maybe ?

any thoughts guys ?...

Symphony

Hi All,

Been a long time lurker on these boards but came across this thread and thought I'd join up and offer to take a look at this plugin. 

You will have to forgive me as I had never even heard of Last.fm (let alone used it) before this thread but I'm willing to give it a go.

Sven was spot on in his post that the issue appears to be that the plugin is calling the 'Library.GetTracks' method, which no longer appears to exist on Last.fm API.

The only Library method that exists on the API now, it appears, is the 'Library.GetArtists' method, which returns the following:

"A paginated list of all the artists in a user's library, with play counts and tag counts"

Unfortunately track information isn't included in the results, so it would require another call to another method. Unfortunately there doesn't appear to be one. The only remotely close method I could see was:

'User.GetArtistTracks':

"Get a list of tracks by a given artist scrobbled by this user, including scrobble time. Can be limited to specific timeranges, defaults to all time."

As I've never used this site, or 'scrobbled', can anyone confirm if this sounds correct or are 'scrobbled' tracks different to those which would be contained in a user's library?

wayneward

well thank you i really hope you can sort it

we are ever so grateful!

now im not sure

all i know is that i play a song on the emby from the collection this then must look up the song on last fm to verify it

then that tells last fm i played that song by that artist at that time

so last fm keeps the stats it can recomend other artists that are similar or other users that have similair taste

im certain the emby plugin just tells last fm the track and artist and it also might have sent the like track feature

so if you clicked the love heart it would indicate on last fm if you really like it?! but im not sure that part is that important

just the track arist and time sent to it

does that help or not?

again thank you - come on guys help!! .. feedback on the question please !..

Wayne :)

It sounds like maybe you're starting from the beginning? I think the existing plugin can be used as a starting point, so it's probably more on the last.fm side where we need to find out what the issues are.

Symphony

It sounds like maybe you're starting from the beginning? I think the existing plugin can be used as a starting point, so it's probably more on the last.fm side where we need to find out what the issues are.

Apologies, I was talking about the existing plugin. The issue appears to be that the plugin is calling web service endpoints that don't exist anymore and their doesn't appear to be any replacement for them on the Last.fm side.

Symphony
Thanks for the reply Luke, I thought I would just run through what I've found so far and clarify a bit better :)

I spent an hour with the code this morning and it appears, from what I can tell, the plugin is broken down into, four pieces of functionality: 

1) Update now playing song on Last.Fm

Using the PlayBackProgress event, the plugin makes a call to the 'track.UpdateNowPlaying' endpoint on last.fm and displays songs you are currently listening to

2) Scrobble track

Using the PlaybackStop event, the plugin 'scrobbles' the track to last.fm, but ONLY on the songs completion (songs that do not complete playing are not scrobbled), using the 'track.Scrobble' endpoint

3) Update favourites/ratings

Using the UserDataSaved event, the plugin will update song ratings/favourites using the Last.fm 'track.Love' and 'track.UnLove' enpoints

4) Sync last.fm library to emby

A scheduled task that runs to sync play counts and favourites/loves to emby

After some testing I can confirm that I can successfully connect to a last.fm account with the plugin and it appears that features 1 and 2 above are working correctly, I could see now playing songs under 'Profile' in Last.fm and could see tracks in my 'Recent Tracks'.Unfortunately I haven't tested 3 yet, but I daresay it should be fine as well.

The issue in the plugin seems to be with the scheduled task as it is using a Last.FM web service endpoint that does not exist any more: 'Library.GetTracks'. The only way I can see to return tracks is to get a list of the artists in the library using 'Library.GetArtists' and then make a call for each artist to the 'User.GetTracks', but unfortunately the response doesn't seem to contain any of the required information to update emby (i.e. Playcounts, Favourite etc)

I've only spent a brief bit of a time on this but the quickest solution appears to be to remove the sync functionality from the plugin and continue to use the plugin purely to send 'Now Playing' and scrobbled tracks to Last.FM and not retrieve any playcounts / favourite information back to emby.

Again, as I don't use last.fm so I'm not sure if the plugin is even worth it without the ability to sync back to emby but I'd be happy to go ahead with it if anyone would still find it of use.
  • Like 3

kcprophecy

Symphony awesome job, been keeping an eye on this one and glad to see you're looking at it and appear to have restored the primary function of it, scrobbling. I'd be pretty happy without #4.

Symphony

Okay, so I've pulled out the scheduled task class and done some more testing and everything seems to be working:

57b55b0b74951_Capture.jpg

Would someone else be willing to test and confirm it's working for them as well? Not sure if it's allowed but I have attached the dll (happy to remove if it's against the rules).

Just to clarify, without the scheduled task the scrobbling/syncing will be one way only, from Emby to Last.fm. The scheduled task was iterating through the last.fm library and updating the emby library with the play counts etc, this will no longer work.

In the end all I have done is pull out the scheduled task class with the failing web service call, the Scrobbling, Now Playing and Favouriting/Loved is 'as is' and seems to be working fine, so I'm keen to have a second person confirm.

Lastfm-Scrobbler.zip

Edited by Symphony
  • Like 3

wayneward

yes i just tested it scrobbles again!!

thank you so much :)

if you make a dontaion page ill fire a donation for your time 

i guess a few other people on here might as well!!!!!! :)