last.fm addon gone?

Guest petwri

Guest petwri

I just did a reset of my whole system and reinstalled emby 3.0.5786 and recognized that the last.fm scrobbler plugin was completely gone from the catalog. I know that they pretty much messed up their API, but are there chances that scrobbling music from emby will come back anytime?

it was built by MrSmoke and needs to be updated. i cannot find the source code. Perhaps you can send him a PM.

it was built by MrSmoke and needs to be updated. i cannot find the source code. Perhaps you can send him a PM.

This would be nice to revive.  Wish I had the skills as I do utilize last.fm

The project is on github,  not sure if it could be forked.  MrSmoke has not been online for 2 years.

https://github.com/MrSmoke/Lastfm-Scrobbler

Edited by Happy2Play

• 2 weeks later...
wayneward

gutted just had to reinstall the server and no last fm plugin :(

i got the master and dropped into

/var/lib/emby-server/plugins

but doesnt show

how do i add manual plugins ...

we removed it from out catalog because it requires some work to adjust to last.fm changes. the github repository is above in post #6. You would have to download the source code, probably fix it work with the last fm changes, and then build it.

Damn that's too bad. Would love to use Emby to network my music collection but gotta have scrobbling, been scrobbling every track since 2007. Would pay money for a new version of the plug-in. Would tackle it myself if I had the time + coding skillz.

wayneward

yes im stumped what to do thats why i use and pay premium for emby just for the sake of scrobbling my movies to trakt and scrobbling my music to last.fm

im half way through writing a app for the ubuntu touch users and review for linux magazine and wanted to feature scroblling to last fm :(

is there some way i can get this to work again at all im not really a coder but can install a older version if you point me in the right direction that has the last fm plugin that will work :(

it was working fine in my emby till last week till i had to reinstall so i expect it should still work in the latest version if i knew were to get my hands on the dll :( gutted.

Here is the dll which you can install manually.

All I have done is build the source and that's it. If there is a problem such as no longer being compatible with the last.fm api, I cannot take on the responsibility of fixing it. You'll either need to convince MrSmoke to come back, or find a new community member to take ownership of it.

Lastfm-Scrobbler.zip

AlwinHummels

So after all of the requests for this plugin nobody has any feedback?

Will try it now at my synology server.

Tried on my synology server but with no luck, I cant save the config the color circle keeps circling 

Edited by AlwinHummels
  • Like 1

wayneward

yes on emby install on my ubuntu server the circle keeps spinning ill leave it spinning see if it finally takes the settings

although ive checked settings for permissions on the dll they are fine ive just tried checking scrobble songs ...

thank you for taking a look is that the last version of the dll ...

wayneward

its a emby thing as last fm is accepting the login i looked through the logs - so its like embys not storing them i guess?

2016-02-26 14:50:08.6426 Info HttpClient: HttpClientManager POST: https://ws.audioscrobbler.com/2.0/?format=json2016-02-26 14:50:09.8301 Info Last.fm Scrobbler: myloginname! successfully logged into Last.fm2016-02-26 14:50:09.8310 Info HttpServer: HTTP Response 200 to my ipaddress. Time: 1837ms (slow). http://my ip address:8096/emby/Lastfm/Login

wayneward

Handler for Request not found:

Request.HttpMethod: GET
Request.PathInfo: /emby/Lastfm/Login
Request.QueryString: System.Collections.Specialized.NameValueCollection
Request.RawUrl: /emby/Lastfm/Login

here is one thing i found

and also

resource: the server responded with a status of 500 (AggregateException)