Smart subtitles

SSJ4Gokou

SSJ4Gokou

I don't really know where to post, but using a dlna device is where I first noticed it.

I went into my user preferences and changed the subtitles to smart since I watch some anime in Japanese and they hardcode the subtitles. Everything works.

I was watching izombie and since changing the subtitles to smart I started seeing them when streaming to my Joey. After some research I realized as ling as there was a .srt file it will force subtitles to the video.

Isn't smart supposed to only push to the video if the language doesn't match? So if it's in another language and the .srt file is is English it will then show subtitles? Not when the language is eng and the subtitle is eng it shows the subtitles anyways.

Am I reading what smart subtitle mean?

• 2 weeks later...

It's because the language of the audio track isn't known, therefore it's assuming the subtitles are needed

• Like 1

you'd have to remux the video and change the audio language. Sorry, at the moment it looks like those subtitles will be on by default and you'll just have to turn them off.

Happy2Play

How do you fix that or force that to appear?

what container is the media in?

SSJ4Gokou

It varies, the one in question is MKV with a x264 codec.

I have noticed that the videos that are in MKV with a x265 codec work just fine and the web client can pick up the correct audio lang.