Adjust subtitle delay

alex3137

8 minutes ago, FredMuppeteer said:

So happy to see this in the web app now! I mainly need it for android/chromecast, is that on the horizon ?

Yes it is.

• Like 1

Malmgren
16 hours ago, Malmgren said:

I've upgraded to 4.5 now and tried this, seems to work. My first question though is if there are any hotkeys to control this? Kinda cumbersome going into the menu every time.

I don't think you spotted my question above, @Luke, are there any hotkeys? Especially important in the clients which you normally control using a remote control, you don't want to go five clicks into a menu to adjust the subtitle.

12 minutes ago, tattoomees said:

only works on webapp not on android ? When it be available on android players?

HI, it will be in upcoming updates. thanks.

On 9/14/2020 at 12:44 AM, Luke said:

This will be in Emby Server 4.5. You'll be able to use the controls in the video player to adjust the subtitle offset.

Excellent!, will the Video file+subtitle file+offset combination be kept/remembered after alignment?

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, cyruspy said:

Excellent!, will the Video file+subtitle file+offset combination be kept/remembered after alignment?

No, but that's something we can look at adding.

On 9/24/2020 at 6:51 PM, Luke said:

No, but that's something we can look at adding.

if an SRT/TXT, you could write the new time offset directly to the file

• Like 1

miniliQuid
On 9/25/2020 at 7:44 AM, Luke said:

More goodies for subtitle fans: 

Awesome :D

Edited by miniliQuid

@Luke

I already wrote about this in a thread about the android beta, but can we have a per user global setting for subtitle delay? The reason is that all official subs are ahead by about 0.5 secs, which is extremely annoying, and it would get very tiresome to change the offset for every video

This setting would be stored along with the other global subtitle settings (language and mode) and, now that the players support the offset, it shouldn't be difficult to simply apply it to every sub

Also, if, in the future, you implement remembering the subtitle offset in the database, it shouldn't apply to this setting, only to those manually selected by the user

Edited by caalin

2 minutes ago, caalin said:

@Luke

I already wrote about this in a thread about the android beta, but can we have a per user global setting for subtitle delay? The reason is that all official subs are ahead by about 0.5 secs, which is extremely annoying, and it would get very tiresome to change the offset for every video

This setting would be stored along with the other global subtitle settings (language and mode) and, now that the players support the offset, it shouldn't be difficult to simply apply it to every sub

Also, if, in the future, you implement remembering the subtitle offset in the database, it shouldn't apply to this setting, only to those manually selected by the user

I would suggest creating a feature request topic so that we can track this individually. Thanks.

I'll second the request for hotkeys. Also, I would like to have a setting for subtitle offset steps. In my experience, adjusting the subtitles in 500 ms intervals is suffciently accurate and a lot easier to sync correctly on the fly. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, bernsy said:

When will this be available for the samsung app?

It's already in the usb version.

I just installed new version and it works great! Well done! I do have an improvment suggestion, adding possibility to adjust at 500ms and also that the adjustment be remembered for that specific video+subtitled

Edited by bernsy

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
GrimReaper
On 10/27/2020 at 2:52 PM, thedave1022 said:

When will this be available for Windows PC - Emby Theater and Android TV?

Any rough timeframe on this? Thanks. 

Cheers