Adjust subtitle delay

alex3137

miniliQuid
On 12/7/2020 at 10:03 PM, edd-- said:

+1 on the android implementation, this would make the subtitle experience perfect !

Thanks for all your great work !

Android mobile has it already. Not sure about android TV though.

• 2 weeks later...
coldviber
On 12/22/2020 at 8:48 PM, ebr said:

The latest beta of the Android TV app now has subtitle offset.

In my app the option won't show. I already removed and install the app again. In the mobile is working fine.

Yes I'm using the beta version for android tv

Edited by coldviber

seanbuff
6 minutes ago, coldviber said:

In my app the option won't show. I already removed and install the app again. In the mobile is working fine.

Which version of the ATV beta app are you running?

You might need to side-load the latest version as there is a delay on releases from the Play Store.

CBers
11 minutes ago, coldviber said:

Only works with "external subs only". 

See Release Notes for v1.8.60 here

16 hours ago, tchirou said:

Do you have a rough eta of when it will be available in the stable channel ?

thanks a lot

I cannot promise anything but we typically target app releases at least every three months.  We are a few weeks into the current beta cycle now.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there - I'm wondering if the Roku client will ever be updated with this feature? My understanding is that neither the plex or emby clients can support this (possibly due to roku?)

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, emoby0 said:

Hi there - I'm wondering if the Roku client will ever be updated with this feature? My understanding is that neither the plex or emby clients can support this (possibly due to roku?)

Hi, we're looking into it but yes you are correct that the Roku video player developer api is not as robust as other platforms, so we're going to be limited by that.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Luke said:

Hi, we're looking into it but yes you are correct that the Roku video player developer api is not as robust as other platforms, so we're going to be limited by that.

Thanks Luke - appreciate the response. Now to decide if I should get a TV with a different platform :)

I have a standalone Android TV box, so I'll try out that client as well. I have this impression that the app running on the TV natively has slightly better image quality 🧐

4 minutes ago, umomany said:

Is this feature going reach emby TV any time soon ?

Hi there, which Emby app are you referring to?

19 minutes ago, Luke said:

Hi there, which Emby app are you referring to?

the one on LG smart TVs, current version is 1.0.24 updated on 21st Feb 2020

25 minutes ago, umomany said:

the one on LG smart TVs, current version is 1.0.24 updated on 21st Feb 2020

It will be in the next update to the app. Thanks.

• 1 month later...

Is there any update on subtitles offset for Android TV devices? We have subs on most things and I have to keep using Plex or Kodi when the subs are out and I can't get better ones. Plex has had it for a while and does it ok (clumsy, a bit hit and miss), Kodi has had it for ages and nailed it pretty quickly. It's one of the few things Emby falls short on for us.

We use Emby on a Shield TV, a Humax Aura and a Sony Bravia, all Android  TV. Thanks

Edited by F1nchy

GrimReaper
3 hours ago, F1nchy said:

Is there any update on subtitles offset for Android TV devices? We have subs on most things and I have to keep using Plex or Kodi when the subs are out and I can't get better ones. Plex has had it for a while and does it ok (clumsy, a bit hit and miss), Kodi has had it for ages and nailed it pretty quickly. It's one of the few things Emby falls short on for us.

We use Emby on a Shield TV, a Humax Aura and a Sony Bravia, all Android  TV. Thanks

It has been implemented for some time on beta channel, I think since .60, more or less, if it is a necessity, you might check latest beta .75. (Edit: .76 is out in the meantime)

Edited by GrimReaper76
Append

GrimReaper
2 hours ago, F1nchy said:

Do I have to install beta manually? It says I am a beta tester in the Play store?

Then you should've already have it installed? On cog wheel press, what does it say what app version you have in the bottom right? 

GrimReaper
2 hours ago, F1nchy said:

On the Aura it's 1.8.54g (server 4.5.4.0)

That's latest stable. I'm unfamiliar with that device, but I'd guess it didn't propagate there. How do you install apps there? Through Play Store or dedicated App store? Are you logged as same Google user? 

The Aura uses the Google Play store, it's running normal Android TV and gets the apps through the play store. 

I've also just looked at my Shield TV and that is running exactly the same version, 1.8.54g, and no subtitles offset on that either. I'll check the Bravia but I'm sure that's the same.  

GrimReaper
3 hours ago, F1nchy said:

The Aura uses the Google Play store, it's running normal Android TV and gets the apps through the play store. 

I've also just looked at my Shield TV and that is running exactly the same version, 1.8.54g, and no subtitles offset on that either. I'll check the Bravia but I'm sure that's the same.  

Then I suppose you could sideload beta app, and open a ticket in the Android section of why you ain't getting beta versions downloaded. 

Edit: And no, .54 doesn't have it, it's from .60 onwards. 

Edited by GrimReaper76