Adjust subtitle delay

alex3137

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
FredMuppeteer

This has become slightly less of an issue now that you can quickly find new subtitles within the apps, but there are definitely still times when it would be better to adjust them on the fly. 

• 1 month later...
WilhelmStroker

I just fired up Plex after a while and the fire tv app now has this option, and it works rather well.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
miniliQuid

This doesn't help doing this inside the apps but you can fix the files on your system with a bunch of different tools.  One is Subtitle workshop: http://www.uruworks.net/index.html

The whole Idea of the feature is that any account can just put the subtitles correctly without having to hassle server administrator (who might not have time to fix your subs at that moment)

On top of that, many streaming systems that grab subs from the internet work with a feature like this where you can adjust sub delay so it fits correctly (or grab a new subtitle if it is completely out of whack).

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
rechigo

+1, It should be a per-video setting that will save so that when watching the video again or watch a different video you will not have to re-adjust the subtitle delay.

miniliQuid

+1, It should be a per-video setting that will save so that when watching the video again or watch a different video you will not have to re-adjust the subtitle delay.

This would indeed be good. Is it possible to have a button to allow server side override for viewers? So that when they adjust the subtitle (or download a new one) to fit the movie on emby, it saves to the server so any other account that watches the movie gets improved subtitles instead of the out of sync ones? Would be nice, but I guess it should be optional since some server administrators might not want their viewers to mess with their subtitles (specially those that have done them all manually themselves)?

• Like 1

rechigo

This would indeed be good. Is it possible to have a button to allow server side override for viewers? So that when they adjust the subtitle (or download a new one) to fit the movie on emby, it saves to the server so any other account that watches the movie gets improved subtitles instead of the out of sync ones? Would be nice, but I guess it should be optional since some server administrators might not want their viewers to mess with their subtitles (specially those that have done them all manually themselves)?

That's actually a good idea, since sometimes you cant find subtitles that match your content. Noticed this a lot with content I ripped myself

laporte2001

+1 I would be willing to pay to have this!

I usually delay subs by 0.5 or 1sec, would love to get this feature into Emby  :wub:

• 3 weeks later...
Malmgren

Anyone knows if this is ever gonna be reality? I'm planning on migrating over from a htpc running Kodi to a smart tv running Emby. On Kodi I have buttons on my remote programmed for speed up and slow down subtitles, it's a feature that I use on a daily basis. Would be a complete showstopper if I can't do this on my smart tv.

miniliQuid

It will be eventually. Probably in the near future. When it started in 2016 it didn't have that much support yet. Lately it is getting more attention (posts).

Just keep bumping it so others see it and can add their like to the first comment, and perhaps leave a comment as well.

The more support (likes & comments), the more important it is considered to be, and the sooner it will be added :)

• 2 weeks later...
Malmgren

I'd like to add a +2 here (is that even possible?). All my other wishes and initial problems with Emby are being excellently handled by @@Luke in other threads, the subtitle adjustment is the only hurdle between here and the point where Emby is being completely perfect for me. I promise I'll be a Premiere user as soon as it's done ;-)

/Daniel

• Like 1