Adjust subtitle delay

alex3137

• 3 months later...

I'd also love to see this in WMC, but I'm not sure this is going to be possible...

In WMC it will be up to whatever subtitle rendering you are using.

Jinroh

Hello,

For simplify rhis idea, maybe add this feature on server side.

From HTML page, we edited subtitle and add delay.

It will be a very good idea with the auto-download subtitle function !! :wub:

• 2 months later...
rcocchiararo

How is this not a standard feature? I have the option in kodi, but when I am casting I have to go back to my PC and fix the sub's...

Enviado desde mi Nexus 6P mediante Tapatalk

• Like 1

roberto188

Why does Emby have to correct for improper subtitle timing? Sure it would a nice feature to have, but what kind of crap are you trying to play that your subtitles aren't synced property with the video time code? Sounds like the devs will be wasting time on a feature to support people who pirate their content (ie poorly ripped content). 

alex3137

Because not everybody has the time to rip originals, we sometime get content from other sources and it can happen that subtitles are offbeat.
It is much faster and easier to adjust offset while watching the movie than looking for other subtitles.

Finally, I am sure devs are big boys and know where to put the priority.

Thanks

• Like 1

• 5 months later...
FredMuppeteer

Sometimes the subs in TV shows are fine at the beginning but after an ad break they are offset by a few seconds. The ability to change it in the web client/android app during playback rather than stopping the show and trying to find better subs, would be amazing.

• 6 months later...
  • 4 months later...

I'd also very much like this feature. This is the main reason I still use Kodi and can't swap entirely to Emby, as I like to watch both foreign movies and english movies with foreign subtitles....

• Like 3

I'd also very much like this feature. This is the main reason I still use Kodi and can't swap entirely to Emby, as I like to watch both foreign movies and english movies with foreign subtitles....

Same here.

/joggs

• 4 weeks later...
Headhunter32

I realy love u guys whath u do and i also see whath u guys do but luke u almost sound like a help desk from microsoft with that comment.

I am not attacking u just find it funy.

• Like 1

• 9 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

+1 Yes, please! Absolutely love Emby so far and this would make it even better. Maybe with a real-time preview so u can set it right the first time. But maybe this is a bit too much for most media servers?

• 5 weeks later...
rjohns1967

+1 on this.  I end up having to use MRMC or Kodi to watch recorded content.  Not sure why I can't seem to get MCEBuddy settings so that subtitles always lineup, but it seems like they can vary greatly from broadcaster. They are usually off by a couple of seconds, and can vary after commercial breaks.  I don't mind offsetting them, but Emby doesn't seem to offer this setting.

+1 on this as well, unfortunately there are still lots of bad subtitles in the world and even if they are off by a few milliseconds, they are a real nightmare.