emby for kodi

wints

I posted this in the android forum aswell, hope it's ok to post it here too

Hi hopefully just a quick one but how do I go about getting emby for kodi on nvidia shield? already have kodi installed. Cheers

xnappo

You need to install our repo, see here:

http://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/21888-emby-for-kodi-10-liv/

To install it, you can either download it on a PC, then go to Kodi->System->Addons->Install from zip file and browse to the PC on your network.  Or, you can download it via a browser on the shield itself.

Then go back to Kodi->System->Addons->Install From Repository->Kodi Emby Addons->Video Addons.

The video in the post I linked above shows the process.

Cheers for the reply, yeah I was doing that but emby kept failing on install, then I realized I was using a test build of kodi so un-installed that downloaded a beta and all seems to be going ok at the minute as I type emby doing it's scan :)

Spoke too soon, whilst scanning it came up with an error saying "library sync has exited you should restart kodi now. Please report this on the forums" so I restarted kodi only to go through the whole process again with the same error warring?

Jeez I'm having a right old time of it lol I'm having issues with is I've installed kodi setup my video sources and so on then if I install a skin and try customizing the skin everything seem to lag by that I mean if I press to add smartshort cut it takes about 2 minutes before it opens this is happening on quite a few things that I try to change even trying to run emby for kodi takes a while before it starts after selecting it, no idea what to do as I new to android and the shield stuff any guidance or suggestions most appreciated

xnappo

Are you saying you set up video sources inside Kodi?  You shouldn't do that - you just need to install Kodi, then the addon.  If you did point Kodi to video sources, you are going to need to delete them.

Thanks for the reply, I tired installing it both ways with different builds of kodi and was getting no where, in the end it turned out to be emby for kodi beta version causing the problem switched to stable version and all is fine at the minute :)

Vidman

Suggestion: when first setting up something you are unfamiliar with stick to stable versions, not test builds and betas jeez

Edited by Vidman
  • Like 1

CBers

I have the same issue on Amazon Fire Stick going to do a fresh install of Kodi then try again :)

The Amazon Fire Stick is one of those "low-powered" devices people keep talking about :)

snazy2000

Yeah its not great but not keen on the emby FTV app so thought woukd give it a ago :) not bothered if cant get to work really lol

Sent from my HTC One M8s using Tapatalk

CBers

It's finicky with the ATV app as well.

Everything is automatically transcoded as it's not powerful enough to Direct Stream.

If it's crashing during the initial sync it's probably because you need to adjust the number of items gathered at once from your server

Read the reminder in this post: http://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/19739-emby-for-kodi-beta/?p=290026

Yeah I tried setting it at 50 before I posting #8 post above should have said sorry

Edited by wints